Joy Division - "Love Will Tear Us Apart" (but all notes are C)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/04/joy-division-love-will-tea.html

1 Like

Wait, Joy Division used different notes? Unconvinced.

6 Likes

This offends my sensibilities.

3 Likes

Maybe someone here can help me out - I swear I heard Blixa Bargeld do a cover version of “Love Will Tear Us Apart” - but I haven’t been able to find it anywhere - so does someone else remember this, was it someone else who sounds similar, or was it a fever dream?

1 Like

“lovo woll toor os oport.”

4 Likes

I don’t know if this is complete but here is a list of covers of the song. Maybe one will stand out as what you are recalling. To clarify this is both covers and use of samples of the song.

https://www.whosampled.com/Joy-Division/Love-Will-Tear-Us-Apart/covered/

1 Like

As with the execrable Eleanor Rigby disaster, my response remains…

WHY?!?!?!?!

Just because you can does not mean you should.

4 Likes

I’m not seeing anything that would be it but I’m going down the list. There are some weird versions.

But, in my memory Blixa was brilliant.

1 Like

I’m imagining it now. Blixa is great.

ETA: I thought it might be Nick Cave but I couldn’t find a cover by him. Internet, make this happen.

Actually, A Blixa and Nick Cave duet of Love will tear us apart would be amazing.

3 Likes

Wow. Sorry but that is barely listenable.

There’s this version by Tuvan throat singer Albert Kuvesin, which was featured on boingboing eons ago:

6 Likes

Come on, compared to the Eleanor Rigby thing this at least sounds like a song. A boring one, but still…

1 Like

Well, yeah, maybe. But I still want to know WHY?!?!?!

For all the times you can’t get ‘Love will tear us apart’ out of your head, that will convince your head of the truth of the matter good for getting rid of it.

And now, the ‘Goldfinger’ theme a capella, in major thirds.

5 Likes

Getting any earworm out of my head is readily accomplished with this - the earworm to eat all earworms:

2 Likes

Perhaps you’re thinking of the cover by The Swans? (The M. Gira version, not the Jarboe one.)

2 Likes

Or the canonical version:

Found another one of these. Neil Young - Cinnamon Girl, but in the guitar solo all notes are E

Probably they have bought software that ca do this, and they were bored.

1 Like

I’ve always said, mostly in jest, but not entirely, that anyone who is bored is showing a big lack of imagination. Whoever is doing this is certainly showing a big lack of imagination, if this is all they can come up with, given all the wonderful audio manipulation software out there.