Joy Reid angers Republicans for calling them a "creepy little COVID-loving death cult"

Young people are not likely to contract the the Coronavirus, and when they do their symptoms are likely to be mild, and they’re not likely to be hospitalized and certainly not likely to die.

Does anyone else get sick and tired of this half-truth/half-lie?
And get sick of having to correct it?

“Children do not live on their own fucking planet. They get infected. Come home. And kill their parents/grandparents. Or go to school and kill teachers and administrators.” Its just so dumb that Republicans keep repeating their same litany over and over. It just seems so obviously wrong. How can Republicans be that dumb? If I give them my 6-sentence rant, will they all collectively say “Oh, what was I thinking?” Or, will they return with “Young people are not likely to contract the the Coronavirus, and when they do their symptoms are likely to be mild, and they’re not likely to be hospitalized and certainly not likely to die.”

16 Likes

Will there be very many death cultists left to vote by mid-terms?

5 Likes

We have one kid in Winchester ICU with respiratory failure, and one at UVA PICU with MIS-C. Neither is mild, and death is not that unlikely. Fuck this jerk sideways with a rusty flagpole. I am so tired of this ignorant shit.

33 Likes

Refuse to wear it in restaurants and supermarkets and then throw a giant manbaby fit about how footwear mandates are communist fascism?

13 Likes

This is a game they play and you can’t win The Alt-Right Playbook: You Go High, We Go Low - YouTube

1 Like

@deltaecho here’s a relevant headline, and one of the worst I read all month:

so much for “they’re not likely to be hospitalized”

18 Likes

Only tangentially related:

Do you think there’s going to be an upswing in opportunistic lung infections because of COVID? Like MAC?

People who got the shit beat outta them by COVID and in long recovery might be more vulnerable?

10 Likes

Maybe? No data, no such thing as “long term” in a situation where the bug has only existed for less than 2 years. It would make sense, but “sense” holds no weight for this sort of stuff.

19 Likes

The Republicans have self-fulfilled their own Death Panels, and now they’re gonna have to plank on it.

3 Likes

Y’all know the fact that it was a Black and woman saying this was triggering for those true snowflakes on the right.

18 Likes

Telling your voters not to take the vaccine or wear masks to protect against a virus that’s killing your voters makes for an unusual political strategy. In the words of Mike Ehrmantraut, you people aren’t half as smart as you think you are.

4 Likes

That’s part of the schtick. Embed a few kernels of truth in the torrent of bullshit, and when you call them out on the bullshit, it becomes “Well, this, this, and this! Gotcha!”

7 Likes

Awww… poor, delicate little snowflakes…
Truth hurts, doesn’t it?

4 Likes

Preach!

1 Like

Sucks air through a tube down their throats.

Yes. But it also really sucks to live among them.

2 Likes

Yes. This is pretty much every covid pneumonia death. System getting the crap knocked out of it by a virus? Here’s your chance opportunistic bacteria!

8 Likes

If the… wait… sock fits? I dunno…

4 Likes

6 Likes

She’s not wrong

2 Likes