Judge delays Michael Flynn sentencing for lying to FBI

Treason? That’s just jumped up Jaywalking!

8 Likes

The usual argument is that he was only attempting to mislead the FBI, which didn’t work because they already knew the truth. So no harm done, where’s the crime?

“Attempted murder!” Now, honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry? Do they?

12 Likes

Even crazier are the wingnuts in Congress saying we shouldn’t hold people accountable to the laws they created.

10 Likes

The Judge has seen the full text of Flynn’s FBI interviews. He has unsealed some of them (in redacted form), but others remain sealed as they are part of ongoing investigations.

His repeated clarifications that he was not talking about Fight Club are compatible with a realisation that some aspects of Flynn’s guilt are not yet to be spoken of.

6 Likes

“According to the indictment, Flynn didn’t write the op-ed at all.”
It was written by his Turkish handler; Flynn just signed it.

TheHill knew the real author all along, and that Flynn was a Turkish fuckpuppet.

4 Likes

The Constitution has a very specific and narrow definition of treason, either committing an act of war against the country, or aiding an enemy in their war efforts. So technically by US law he’s not treasonous, but by historical and other nations’ standards (and human decency) he is.

1 Like

Michael Jr. has no idea how fucking lucky he is that Daddy is willing to take the fall for him.

That’s why he’s told his lawyers not to fight. That’s why he’s insistent on pleading guilty. That’s likely the deal. He pleads guilty and gives Muller everything, and Muller goes easier on little Mikey.

Never involve family you actually care about in your criminal schemes.

12 Likes

It’s a double-edged sword. Mafia depend on family because family is less likely to rat you out to the Feds. But of course sometimes your family has a Fredo (or several) to deal with.

11 Likes

That’s why I specified “actually care about”. Sure, involve family, but keep the ones you actually love at arm’s length from the business.

9 Likes

Ugh, now you’ve got me thinking about Godfather III.

8 Likes

I hope Donald Jr. will explain it to him someday … from his cell in a federal prison. When push comes to shove Il Douche will shove his namesake right under the bus without a second thought.

Francis did a real disservice to Sofia by casting her in a lead role, that’s for sure.

10 Likes

Maybe Tiffany is the one Trump actually cares about after all.

12 Likes

It would have been good to have trials that got into who supplied Saddam with the chemicals and the planes he dropped them from, and how OBL got those Stinger missiles that his driver was prosecuted for possessing.

I wonder if the Mueller investigation will result in any actual trials (not plea bargains)?

3 Likes

Her movies ain’t all that great, either.

3 Likes

Of course he shouldn’t, everyone knows lawyers are just loose cannons who file any old shit that comes into our heads without getting the client’s approval.

We do it all the time. I’ve seen it on TV so it must be true.

5 Likes

I wonder if the judge will ask Kelner if he and the other lawyers are volunteering to take that punishment instead.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.