Trump pardons Michael Flynn, who lied about contacts with Russian government

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/25/trump-pardons-michael-flynn-who-lied-about-contacts-with-russian-government.html

8 Likes

It is baffling that a president who benefitted from illegal foreign interference can pardon a campaign worker/advisor for illegally facilitating that illegal interference.

60 Likes

Oh weird I thought they already pardoned this year’s turkey

32 Likes

So all that work to avoid a conviction on his record was wasted. He was looking at no jail time already when he made his plea deal.

So now the end result is the same, an admission of guilt and conviction. But now there may be a contempt of court charge coming. With hearings during the Biden administration.

19 Likes

“Hello. Is Bank of Cyprus and Totally Not Bank of Russia calling to leave message for President. Please to let him know we read news of pardon and extend his loan by three months to recognise generosity of spirit. Spasibo … I mean, thanks!”

27 Likes

Now Flynn can be compelled to testify against Trump and associates. Failure to do so would be a new crime for which he has not been pardoned.

37 Likes

pay no attention to moose and squirrel

16 Likes

Let me guess, there some incredibly explosive and treasonous evidence which is going to drop on Jan 28 when the new Justice department heads take over, and this is the only way to keep him from the hang-mans noose, and thus keep his mouth shut about who he was doing it for.

4 Likes

Its pardons all the way down.

13 Likes

Even Bill Barr thinks that’s a crime!

If only Trump had commuted his sentence, instead… Oops!

19 Likes

Let’s impeach Trump again! Once more for the road, old buddy.

20 Likes

There was that moment, before he allowed the transition, where there was a (real but unlikely) possibility that he could get impeached again. I was so hopeful.

14 Likes

He still may have to answer to Judge Sullivan for his perjury in the court. The trial for that may take a few months as the judge is currently busy with the NAACP’s lawsuit against Trump for voter disenfranchisement.

10 Likes

Why is there no Putin eating popcorn gif?

7 Likes

I hope he pardons Snowden. I would say Chelsea Manning but no chance of that.

2 Likes

It’s been suggested that Michael Flynn is QAnon. Has anyone heard anything to support that theory?

2 Likes

So it’s official then, it’s perfectly OK to lie to the FBI. Duly noted.

11 Likes

I’ve already heard Bill Maher admit, on air, that he was Q. So nope, not Flynn.

3 Likes

I heard is was Martha Stewart aka Snoop Dog

7 Likes
7 Likes