Trump pardons Michael Flynn, who lied about contacts with Russian government

The whole deal with Barr and the attempt to fix the trial was to prevent a record of conviction.

Before Flynn changed his plea, he was looking at a conviction and no jail time. He’s got the same but now he dragged Barr and Sydney Powell into criminal activity as well.

There is still an issue as to whether Judge Sullivan wants to take it out of Flynn’s hide for perjury in his court.

7 Likes

I thought it was Desmond Llewelyn and John DeLancie

10 Likes

In the event that Turnip runs for president again in 2024 (if health/aliveness allow for it), is this pardon an effective cudgel for the incumbent Dems to use?

I wonder if this is a tell that 2024 is all talk.

2 Likes

Is Menulog a front for QAnon?

3 Likes

The current Q is likely to be either Jim Watkins, owner of 8kun (formerly 8chan), or his son Ron, who just quit working for his dad.

5 Likes

They didn’t charge Flynn’s son because he pleaded guilty.

Guess they’ll have to go after him now.

8 Likes

His father did violate the plea deal. Throw the book at the son.

5 Likes

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait a minute there - there’s a question you have to answer before you leap to that conclusion: are you one of Trump’s friends or minions? If so, then yes, it’s perfectly fine to lie to the FBI, as they’re anti-American thugs on a partisan witchhunt to entrap an innocent patriot. If not, then how dare you lie to the brave, patriotic FBI agents trying to keep this nation safe? You’re clearly a criminal thug who needs to go to prison without a trial, even.

21 Likes

I think there is only one person with the kind of access to information to be QAnon. That’s right, Hillary Clinton is QAnon.

3 Likes

The only thing that could make this wholly ridiculous QAnon phase of US history worthwhile is the reaction that those fools would have if one of the movement’s leaders came forward to claim it was Hillary.

3 Likes

And yet somehow, Sidney Powell will take credit for fully absolving her much maligned client.

2 Likes

What an odd way to introduce oneself to a new community…

10 Likes

Reminder folks: The rich and powerful are always playing a game of one-upmanship and they will never lose, they just go on about their business for better or for… Well, another job at another point in time. We aren’t even pawns, just background. And I “care”, I voted, but there will never be true justice for those that deserve it. If there was, we would see Trump and family hanging in a DC courtyard for everyone to spit kick punch etc. Fuck these motherfuckers forever.

5 Likes

That’s fair and was very poorly phrased and I’m going to go back and edit.

What I meant was, I never saw a need to jump in and say “man these tool posts aren’t super fun to read” let alone make rude comments.

Conversely I’ve seen people make very rude comments about Xeni, and I feel it’s because of her gender.

I’m sorry if that wasn’t clear. I have been reading this site a very long time, and I know some folks take things in the spirit intended, and some will look for every excuse to get hung up on little things. But definitely don’t mind if someone feels something is ambiguous and wants a clarification.

Edit: There’s no edit button, just a trash button. So I’ll just trash the entire thing since I probably hit send too soon.

But fuck Flynn, that part stands, and I was glad I came across news of his pardon and a discussion about how bullshit it is.

5 Likes

This is Trump’s Watergate. If he didn’t look guilty as fuck before, he sure does now.

May history destroy this man. May noone like him ever arise again.

2 Likes

I am not a history expert but IIRC there was no ulterior motive for Ford to pardon Nixon, correct? (Both being republicans does not seem to be the same as this, but I’m re-reading some stuff on Flynn now since, to be honest, it’s been a while since I thought about him)

They take turns week about.

2 Likes

If that’s the case, by pardoning Flynn he’s effectively already admitted his guilt and will then be compelled to testify in any related matter or face new “obstruction/ contempt” charges. Flynn cannot keep his mouth shut.

2 Likes

At this point, the cult has grown so far past its origins that I think it would be dangerous for anybody to come forward ad Q. Not just dangerous to the country, but to the person!

From what I remember (wasnt alive at the time) Ford pardoned Nixon to let the country heal or some shit.

I wrote a paper on Nixon and Watergate in college, I seem to remember this.

I think it set a horrible precedent, waiting to be used again on a man like Trump. Which is everything I fear.

He did 1000x worse than Nixon in 4 years, and has made a mockery of the justice system, literally.

I don’t want Biden to pardon him- I want him indicted. As much as possible- or we will legalize criminality for presidents forever.

This must never happen, or we are all damned as a Nation

6 Likes