Michael Flynn asks to be spared from prison because he helped Mueller

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/11/michael-flynn-asks-for-less-th.html

4 Likes

Yeah… Good luck with that.

12 Likes

He will probably get what he asked for, more or less, since the government has already asked for no jail time. Since we dont know all that he gave them, tough to judge whether that is warrented or not.

7 Likes

I’ll pay for his one way ticket to Bumfuckastan.

8 Likes

OK. But he needs an ankle bracelet, house arrest & drug and alcohol testing for the duration of probation. And turn over any firearms.

16 Likes

And he has to serve his full probation on house arrest in the boondocks of Junction City, KS…

8 Likes

It was, after all, only minor treason.

13 Likes

How can you be mean to a smile like that?

3 Likes

Mrs. Johnson thinks Michael Flynn is a “double agent”.
She thinks he has been used for the very purpose of exposing crap like this if it occurs and that is why Obama specifically told Trump NOT to hire him.
That is why he will not get a prison sentence or if he does, it is part of the job.

Mrs. Johnson reads a lot of detective novels.

7 Likes

I’d be okay with two thousand hours of community service and no jail time. He did, after all, cooperate, and the SCO is okay with no jail time. But what he did was serious, and his penalty should reflect that even in light of his cooperation.

3 Likes

You know these guys ‘community service’ is setting up a go fundme page on a home server, or baking dog biscuits at home for the local shelter. Not picking up trash on the side of the road.

3 Likes

I’d be okay with soup kitchen.

1 Like

Does he regret chanting, “Lock her up!”? He sure seemed to enjoy it when it was about other people.

6 Likes

Needs to be on the street, helping underserved Veterans.

5 Likes

Man, this guy will cooperate with just about anyone eh?

3 Likes

be sure to watch Maddow’s segment on Flynn last night, specifically how they tried to get security clearance for Flynn’s son who is an alt-right wingnut and more importantly how VP Pence lies his ass off right on camera multiple times about it, he’s way more dangerous than trump, I’ve changed my mind about him being okay as acting president for a year or two

(watch the last couple minutes if nothing else)

3 Likes

I had a car break down in Junction City and I had to stay there 36 hours. Being sentenced to probation there might count as cruel and unusual punishment.

Fun fact, my stay in Junction City was the first time anyone tried to sell me crack.

I suggest that part of his community service could be standing at Trump rallies shouting, “Lock him up!”

3 Likes

My counter offer: 400 hours community service, and you have to spend it building houses for the poor with Jimmy Carter while living out of a trailer in the community where you are working.

Also: you have to mop the floors at Comet Ping Pong for a month for promoting the whole pizzagate bullshit.

6 Likes

I do like that a significant portion of Flynn’s legal representation to date has been paid for by a legal defense fund being advocated by hard-core Trump supporters, on the basis that he was a true patriot being railroaded and would never flip on Trump.

3 Likes