Judge dismisses NRA's "bad faith" bankrupcy, says Wayne LaPierre "surreptitious" and "nothing less than shocking"

Originally published at: Judge dismisses NRA's "bad faith" bankrupcy, says Wayne LaPierre "surreptitious" and "nothing less than shocking" | Boing Boing

22 Likes

Oh! Oh! I haven’t had the chance to be the first poster and make use of this image at the same time before. Wheee!

57 Likes

Can Wayne LaPierre go to jail now, please?

32 Likes

Discovery should be informative. Maybe it will finally become clear that the NRA is not a membership organization but a manufacturer’s lobby: there is no way they could fund their lobbying and other activities on the dues of 5 million members.

34 Likes

One of the scuzzy ways the NRA raises money is to trick old folks into leaving them money in their wills.

https://nrahq.giftlegacy.com/

24 Likes

Nice try, ammosexual scumbags. And by “nice” I mean “sleazy”.

25 Likes

I came here expecting to find a “shocked/not that shocked” gif … and I am truly disappointed.

7 Likes

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

They make more from death than morticians…

16 Likes

Also the NRA “round up” and “add a buck” at gun stores and ranges.

https://www.nrafoundation.org/ways-of-giving/round-up-program/

19 Likes

2-Jerry-Maguire-quotes

29 Likes

The place I buy camping gear from is like this. I make a point to ask if NRA is on the list they donate to for “round up”, and then decline when they say “yes”. Every time.

I am sure it doesn’t help, that the dissent never finds its way up the chain of command. But still. It might, who knows.

30 Likes

20 Likes

15 Likes

Wayne LaPierre a man so corrupt even Texas wouldn’t take him. Even with all his support for irresponsible gun use.

21 Likes

27 Likes

The misdeeds of which LaPierre and the others are accused are so egregious, and their attempts to (clumsily) game the system to avoid consequences so obvious, it would have been totally outrageous if they had succeeded in this. It’ll be interesting to see what happens after this. I suspect LaPierre et al won’t get away with it.

17 Likes

The NRA made arguments in bad faith? Weird.

17 Likes

As someone who works in the “making things to kill other humans” industry from time to time, oh sorry I mean as a defense contractor, why not just ask them why support a corrupt industry lobbyist group that doesn’t actually support local gun owners? Why be opaque about it?

Literally curious and asking to learn.

4 Likes

You Lose Get Out GIF

16 Likes

That’s clever. First make sure that there are guns to make sure people get killed and then cash in from their wills. I think Nero ran a similar scheme to collect money, although he took it one step further by forcing people to change their wills.

6 Likes