Judge frees Mary Trump from gag order, Donald Trump's niece may speak freely as her tell-all book is published

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/13/judge-frees-mary-trump-from-ga.html

11 Likes

Give 'em Hell, Mary.

28 Likes

The BB articles about the book and the gag order were the long version of how this is bad news for Donnie.

This video is the short version of how catastrophic this is gonna be for him

13 Likes

Oh, I fucking hope so.

No, it wont sway any diehard zealots but every cut, every sling, every arrow contributes to tearing that orange muthafucka down.

36 Likes
12 Likes

She’s gonna be on all the talk shows. Good.

13 Likes

“For your information, the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint!”

12 Likes

Oh, that poor ref!

6 Likes

6 Likes

Because I know this is a thing BB does…

12 Likes

Every Presidential election cycle, PBS Frontline does an excellent review of what their investigators believe makes the two main candidates tick, delving into their upbringings and other key events in their lives. Although we can expect a new one coming up, this could be worth a revisit before then.

The trailer itself in hindsight is chilling. Two items that struck me in particular:

At the start, Hillary Clinton: “This isn’t reality television. This is actual reality.”

Towards the end, Omarosa: “…every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump.”

3 Likes

Oh man. That quote from (I assume) the back cover makes trump out to be an object of pity. Perhaps the cruelest thing that Mary Trump could do.

7 Likes

Dahlia Lithwick has this interesting take on the book. She says the focus is, as much as anything, on the motivations of Trump’s enablers.

Mary Trump describes endlessly growing circles of people who think they can manage him, only to get sucked down by his awfulness. She seems to be offering a solid explanation for the widely observed fact that everything Trump touches dies.

15 Likes

I’m actually looking forward to reading this book. Not just because it’s written by an educated person, but because it attempts to focus on the root causes of his messed up psyche. We all know he’s abhorable - but why and how did things go SO wrong?

5 Likes

He is a pitiable and broken man. But he’s also a monster with incredible power, propped up by others who are amoral opportunists at best, or monsters themselves. So I have no pity.

7 Likes

Off-topic, but I’ve not tried Warrior Nun yet. Would you recommend?

2 Likes

If nobody reads the book then The Real Estate Swindler is an ok guy.

2 Likes

I hear that there’s an addendum chapter that describes how paranoid Trump thinks all judges rule against him.

1 Like

Money. If he was born into a working-class family we wouldn’t be in this mess.

3 Likes

I’ve been gagging for three years. I wish some judge would release me.

4 Likes