Judge issues temporary restraining order against publication of Mary Trump's tell all book

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/30/judge-issues-temporary-restrai.html

4 Likes

8 Likes

Temporary restraining order is temporary.

I, for one, hope they break street date. And hijinks ensue.

21 Likes

Is this the same order that was denied?

The basis of the trial was supposedly a violation of a NDA she signed with her uncle about the family.

The president has claimed that his niece is “not allowed to write a book” because of a “very powerful” NDA that “covers everything”.

Which sounds like some kind of bullshit a scam artist would try to pull.

29 Likes

LOL. NDAs with family members. If that doesn’t scream “scum” I don’t know what does.

54 Likes

One couldn’t ask for better publicity than this!

23 Likes

It seems to be the same rejection mentioned in the article and was an earlier move over venue. This is a TRO in the appropriate venue.

4 Likes

Hmm… search engine… title… seems to be downloadable today if you’re prepared to sign up with the right shady web site.

6 Likes

I’m getting tired of having to use this image.

9 Likes

One of the reasons that other judge cited for denying the administration’s request to halt publication of the Bolton book was that advance copies and leaked digital versions were already out there, so any “damage” was already done. Sure would be a shame if something similar happened with this book.

33 Likes

cqp66cQ

22 Likes

Once finished reading it, one can use the cover as a dart board.

9 Likes

Because Donnie had Mary Trump sign a non-disclosure agreement at some point in the past, in that totally-normal way that you force relatives to agree to not talk about you, for reasons that are totally unrelated to any scandalous behavior that you totally haven’t engaged in.

29 Likes

Hope she includes a photocopy of that NDA in an appendix.

17 Likes

I’d never heard of Mary Trump or her book until today. Honestly I am not going to buy or read it either because, you know, I already know far more about the Trump family than I want to and I can’t really foresee any information in this being actionable in any way.

5 Likes

That’s the beauty of the internet. You don’t need to read it, just like you don’t need to read Bolton’s book or give him any money. Others will read it and post either quotes or summaries of the most salient aspects.

10 Likes

Probably whatever you drafted the NDA to avoid anyone talking about.

1 Like

Trump: when NDA is in your DNA.

10 Likes

If this order stands I offer my old Widows XP server with the dodgy firewall and WEP secured WiFi to safely store the PDF.

5 Likes

Among the many, many other things needed: major legal limits on the power of NDAs (and noncompetes).

6 Likes