Judge gives probation to right-wing extremist J6 rioter who wants to be a cop

Originally published at: Judge gives probation to right-wing extremist J6 rioter who wants to be a cop | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Fuck around and… get a pat on the back?

16 Likes

“I am giving you this break because of your age”

“…and race. Off you go, young man with a promising future!”

17 Likes

“Boy, we like your kind 'round here.” -His future captain probably.

12 Likes

Here kid, a gun and a badge. Now you’re legal and semper fi.

5 Likes

Call me old fashioned, but I kinda think that participating in an attempt to overthrow an established government, is rather a life defining moment.

23 Likes

The “Why are you hitting yourself?” bit usually involves at least two different people.

4 Likes

The summary left out the beginning of the NBC story… " A federal judge nominated by former President Donald Trump…"

We’re all shocked that the judge who gave such a mild sentence to an insurrectionist and suggested that he could still become a police officer was appointed by the guy who incited the attempt at insurrection, right?

9 Likes

And they are not being charged with that. I don’t know in the US but in many jurisdictions that kind of violent assault could be serious.

9 Likes

Same excuse in Brock Turner and Kyle Rittenhouse cases.

White boys will always be boys”

He passed the interview. PD around the country will line up to hire him.

8 Likes

Yep white is right. Always works.

1 Like

Trevor McFadden…Trevor McFadden…where have we heard that name before?

Ahhhh, yes, now I remember:

On Tuesday, Judge Trevor McFadden of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia issued a surprising order further delaying any potential release of President Donald Trump’s tax returns to the House Ways and Means Committee. McFadden, who was appointed by Trump to the federal bench, has had that committee’s subpoena of Trump’s tax returns before his court since July and has yet to issue a ruling. In Tuesday’s order, the judge continued to delay, putting the proceedings on hold until the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit decides a completely separate matter. The tax returns case—which has nothing to do with the ongoing impeachment inquiry of Trump—is now on hold until the circuit court rules on the House’s subpoena of testimony for former White House counsel Don McGahn in the impeachment inquiry. Because these cases have few similarities, it is difficult to understand McFadden’s latest order as anything other than an effort to delay the release of Trump’s tax returns for as long as possible.

This guy is perfectly happy to bend norms in order to take it easy on/delay justice for SOME lawbreakers. And since Trump was NOT 19, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say age wasn’t the defining factor in these two cases. Whatever could it be…?

9 Likes

I’ll just set aside this history book and assume that nothing ever goes wrong when you allow violent right wing traitors to serve astoundingly light sentences.

6 Likes

Or when you allow right wing fanatics into your security institutions.

5 Likes

The fact that this kid joins anti-government militia extremist groups and wants to be a cop is proof that many people don’t become cops to help people. They become cops because it’s a job where you get to carry guns and bully people.

There’s no genuine ideology in these people. If there was, he’d abhor the police as being an instrument of the state. If his anti-government beliefs were anything more than a thin excuse to run around with guns and body armour, he’d be strongly anti-police. The police are the most concentrated form of government there is.

8 Likes

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.