Judge liquidates Alex Jones' assets—except Infowars

Someone who is trying to get their Alex Jones-style conspiracy/general right-wing media empire off the ground (or bring it to a larger audience). Sure, much of the value is in Jones himself, but the name has recognition and thus value. (There are quite a few companies out there that are literally just names, decades separated from actually making or doing anything, e.g. Atari, and they have value. Infowars is a whole set of media infrastructure with a current audience.)

7 Likes

Dear Dog I hope not! They’ve been through too much already.

5 Likes

I can see the argument going either way: there is moral value in shutting down the whole shit show, and there is monetary value in keeping it alive to funnel a portion of its profits to the victims. If it’s shut down and Jones is allowed to simply start a new company, that’s just as big a win for him.

I don’t have a strong opinion either way except to say it should be somewhat up to the victims to decide, since they were awarded damages and should have the right to decide what’s in their best (financial) interest.

2 Likes

So shut that one down too, and keep going until his debt is paid.

3 Likes

He already started a new company. Or rather, his dad started a company that sells all the same products that AJ sold. Now, on his show, he just tells people to go buy from his dad.

AJ also tried to start a new media company, but that died really fast. Sadly, we never got the painting show he promised.

2 Likes

I wonder if any of his victims signed up with J.G.Wentworth or another similar sleazy “structured settlement” financier? It seems like they could get some cash now, and leave the one professional sleazeball to harass the other professional sleazeball.

It just seems like Jones is much too slippery to ever expect to pay even 5% of what he owes those poor people. And I can’t imagine any of them ever want to think about him again. Just cash out and hope he dies, that’s all they should have to do.

3 Likes

Source
That statement is by Christopher M. Mattei:

11 Likes

This seems to confirm that Infowars will be closed down.

7 Likes

Excellent. Welcome to the rest of your miserable life, Alex Jones.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.