Judge Reinhold arrested at Dallas airport for refusing a second TSA screening

I had totally forgotten about that! I loved that show…

9 Likes

I know which I’d pick!

8 Likes

You know, for what this guy’s initial claim-to-fame was, I’m sure he’s had enough harassment in his lifetime.

“[on his masturbation scene in “Fast Times at Ridgemont High”]: My first sex scene - and it was with myself.”

Maybe not Paul Reubens level harassment, but enough. I just hope he’s not heading down that Randy Quaid rabbit hole.

5 Likes

It won’t play out that way, because there’s no competitive disadvantage: all the airlines are suffering the same costs. The cost will be passed off to the customers, in the form of shrinking leg room and more fees. You want to fly cheaper, eventually you’ll fly with your own facemask, and you can pay what you like for air.

3 Likes

Hey is this where we all go to make the slightly funny puns about the name Reinhold!?!?

1 Like

Exactly what brzap said…for some reason I instantly went to Night Court.

You know the working 3rd shift thing and now being up 20+ hours only helps…but wait there’s more:
It appears while Night Court not only had Judge Harry T Stone, it was created by Reinhold Weege.

5 Likes

Eh, it’s just Texas…Florida with bigger hats and more expensive boots. Consider the Dallas News articles teased at the end of the Judge vs TSA article:

• Texas judge gives pastor’s widow 5 life sentences for worst child sex abuse he’s ever seen
  • Texas A&M student crashes into patrol car after taking topless Snapchat selfie, police say
  • Dallas actress blackmailed cheating husband with sex tapes, authorities say
  • Popular Dallas R&B singer fatally shot in chest in South Dallas
  • Season cut short for 11-, 12-year-old Texans who protested during national anthem before their football games
3 Likes

Its not a TSA story without TSA Gangstaz

1 Like

no mention of the part where he took his shirt off and got in the TSA’s face about it?

and that’s why I drive if possible. If I have to fly overseas, then I’m wearing a leotard and slippers and will be buying all my clothes at my destination. There is also the option of shipping all the clothes via Fed Ex/UPS and picking it up when I get there.

5 Likes

I still want to see the list of orderly conducts or perhaps a list of conduct deemed disorderly. I mean seriously, who decides what is orderly and why is it a crime to act outside that constriction?

The charge isn’t just overused, it’s ridiculous on it’s face. Just an obvious catchall to make sure you can arrest anyone at any time.

8 Likes

Judge Reinhold certainly is at the center of some grand conspiracy!

9 Likes

I too remember liking Night Court.

7 Likes

I barely remember Night Court, but I remember liking Night Court.

10 Likes

“I hope you had a hell of a piss, Arnold!”

2 Likes

Sir, please remove your hat…

13 Likes

It’s agreed. We all like Night Court, even though it has nothing to do with Judge Reinhold…

21 Likes

When “security” people act as the gatekeepers to travel, they know that they have enough leverage to get their way because of the potential (probable) inconvenience. To properly hit the TSA, you need to make a special trip just for them, attack them when you aren’t flying. If even one out of every thousand flyers did an act of sabotage, it would make a huge difference.

1 Like

I just did a week long trip thru several Asian countries and the differences in approaches between airport security overseas compared to the US is simply unbelievable.

Tokyo is scary efficient. Hong Kong was thorough but friendly (despite multiple security checkpoints) and I barely remember even going thru security in Singapore it was that unremarkable. Huge terminals with quiet, even serene backdrops with friendly agents who actually treat you humanely.

Then I get back and have to endure the insanity of Newark airport just to connect from an international arrival to a domestic flight. TSA agents screaming and berating people; chaotic lines everywhere and the crush of travelers squished into the bowels of the terminal - and this was the PreCheck line with mostly experienced frequent travelers.

I can only imagine what it’s like for a timid foreigner or elderly person who only travels once or twice a year.

13 Likes

I have insulin-dependent diabetes, so I always have juice and stuff with me. This is considered a “medically necessary liquid” by the TSA. It is allowed if you alert the TSA screener to it and show it to them. Here is how it goes: I say to the person, “And I have some juice boxes right there, too.” Then they (sometimes) test this (somehow) to make sure it’s just juice. I go through the scanner. And then—and this is the part that really makes no sense to me—they go through my carry-on, just to be on the safe side. Because people with juice are more likely to have illegal, dangerous stuff with them? I can pass their screening procedures, but the fact that I had juice opens me up to further screening. Is this is a DefCon 5 outrage? No, of course not. But it’s inconvenient, and it seems pointless.

Which is all to say I never really liked Night Court.

15 Likes