Judge rejects motion to dismiss sexual abuse case because Trump is a persecuted "white Christian"

It’s pretty consistent with their mental gymnastics. People are judged by their what skin color or family they belonging to instead of what they said and do.
So by that logic, even if Obama was actually a Saint, he will always be bad because that’s their perceived preconception. Vice versa, Trump will always be good because he’s the 2nd coming of Christ. The GQP and religious right have been playing this game for decades. This is its logical conclusion.
The irony is if Jesus was revived today, they will considered him “woke” and a communist.

3 Likes

I have to admit, I was in shock when I read about TFG’s initial reaction to Biden’s fall. But he rapidly restored my faith in his narcissism by pivoting to his own fall on an icy ramp and then devolving into his usual rants about how unfair the world has been to him.

8 Likes

Honorary Christian, via many deeply deluded Evangelists.

I used to work for a couple of “devout” Christians. They attended church two to three times a week, and honestly believed that they could lie, cheat, and steal from others without remorse - so long as they attended their services, asked God for forgiveness, and received communion. They literally explained to me that as long as they were “forgiven”, they were guiltless and would be held faultless at Judgement.
That’s when I began judging people upon their behavior, not their professed beliefs. That’s when I learned that wanting to be forgiven and repentance are two entirely unrelated concepts.

19 Likes

Because it’s pretty difficult to get a lawyer disbarred, apparently.

2 Likes

Wow. That’s not how it’s suppose to work at all. :confused: It’s not a game where your sin meter is set to 0 after going to church.

Though if they believe that, ask them what happens if Saturday night they die in a car crash after stealing from people all week.

5 Likes

I ran like hell from them as soon as I possibly could. After hearing that, I could never believe a single word they said, and it actually pained me to see them interact with others. Ultimately, the company folded because they used the company’s credit card to hide money from side hustles, including their daughter’s business. They never got caught. I am agnostic, but I do harbor the secret wish that one day they do face Judgement from the God they believe in.

10 Likes

I’ll believe he’s a Christian the moment he recited the Lord’s Prayer from memory in the witness stand on command from the judge.

That’s what I was thinking, too….

1 Like

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

11 Likes
8 Likes

Even better:

13 Likes

Trump’s friend, James H. Brady

This guy? Judge Judy's son Gregory Sheindlin sues court gadfly

If so, it never ceases to amaze me how many flies are attracted to s*it.

1 Like

It is well known that gravity has a liberal bias.

2 Likes

If the foundation of your belief system is “what would Jesus do? I’m going to do the opposite”, then you’re an anti-Christ Christian.

I suppose one could argue that’s a type of Christian. Not a good one, though.

4 Likes

Joe Biden is a white man who is an actual practicing Catholic but I guess that doesn’t count because he never tear-gassed a bunch of protesters, congregants and clergy to have his picture taken in front of their church.

12 Likes

That’s why they go three times a week. I mean, how much sin can you rack up with only a day or two between services*?

*Turns out, a lot. Especially if, as noted above, you apply the entire old testament to everyone and not just gay people. One day of even normal modern living will get you put to death and in hell for eternity. They would be going to hell anyway for their sin washing scheme, if there was a hell.

2 Likes

This guy has the whole Trump “Exoneration!” thing going on: ignore the actual ruling and claim that it represents total exoneration.

According to him “… a Jury ruled that the rape claim did not happen …”

I’m not a lawyer, but I’m pretty sure that juries do not “rule” anything at all. They agree (or fail to agree) as to whether particular charges have been proven or not. In the case of the E. Jean Carroll case, the jury concluded that the plaintiff’s lawyers had failed to prove a charge of rape.

They were, however, in agreement that Trump had committed sexual assault, battery, and defamation. So if Mr. Brady believes that the jury’s opinion on whether Trump committed rape is final and decisive, he must also accept their conclusion with respect to the other charges. Something tells me that he’s unlikely to do so.

4 Likes

Everything we know about Trump shows that he does not, in any meaningful way, follow the teachings of Jesus.

And he’s too dim / narcissistic / faithful Mammonite / whatever to even successfully pretend to be an actual Christian.