Judge rejects motion to dismiss sexual abuse case because Trump is a persecuted "white Christian"

Originally published at: Judge rejects motion to dismiss sexual abuse case because Trump is a persecuted "white Christian" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

“Christian”

34 Likes

I don’t know what prompt you gave the AI to generate that picture, but please don’t do it again.

11 Likes

100% this.

5 Likes

“White”

10 Likes

If you say you are a christian and believe in Jesus, that’s it. That’s the qualifications to being a christian.

Instead of no true scotsmaning him out of the class of people known as christians, we should be imploring christians to witness to him and demand better behavior from him that is more, you know, Christ-like.

But the religion doesn’t really have anyone certifying people coming in or out, so if you say you are one, and believe you are one, and believe in the man, you’re a christian.

2 Likes

Seconded. Where’s our unicorn chaser, eh?

1 Like

“persecuted”

29 Likes

26 Likes

While true, there is zero evidence that he actually believes this. Sure, one can’t know what is in the heart of a person, but the million context clues show he sees taking the identity of “Christian” give him follower and fans. The dude can’t even name a single “favorite Bible verse”. Not even the low hanging John 3:16 that even non-Christians know.

11 Likes

That’s fair, I just don’t want them to be able to just exclude him at points where he’s inconvenient, yet claim him at points where they agree. He says he is. There’s no international christian board that says he isn’t. The requirements are to say you are and profess your love of Jesus and belief that he saved you. That’s it. He’s done that.

Mother, in that painting, has every right to look concerned.

14 Likes

12 Likes

I am not serious, simply pointing out he is likely the least Christ-like individual walking around. If he actually believed in Jesus, he might occasionally display instances of kindness, caring for the afflicted, or even forgiving wrongs. If he were around at the time of Jesus, he would likely state “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.” and “We’re not supporting that loser’s funeral”.

4 Likes

Trump really bring the “best:face_vomiting: people
WTAF! Is this guy ever aware of what is defamation? Why does he still have his license?

6 Likes

I think many Christian sects would not agree that these requirements are either necessary or sufficient for their acceptance of you being a Christian.

7 Likes

Doesn’t matter. Nobody controls the word.

1 Like

Yea they very much do. That’s the point.

6 Likes

She’s holding The Art of the Deal in her lap. It must be one of those transactional churches.

3 Likes

FTFY. Outsider test says that’s all that’s required.

6 Likes