Judge releases 76-year-old woman who was imprisoned for missing a phone call

Originally published at: Judge releases 76-year-old woman who was imprisoned for missing a phone call | Boing Boing

11 Likes

manhunt for the septuagenarian typing student

Yeah, that’s what we do to old folks in the ole USA.

22 Likes

I’m sure the companies that sell the state this (shoddy) equipment would gladly not oppose or try to lobby against loosening the non-criminal rules. /s

8 Likes

In addition to press ganging them into labor past the retirement age. Maybe think why someone would sell heroin in the first place and correct that, which is assuredly not correctable by teaching typing to someone approaching 80.

4 Likes

Yep, I’d be selling weed still, if it was worth it, but with todays rock bottom prices on weed, ain’t no money to be made there…

4 Likes

Read about this a week ago or so, as indicated she was in class and missed two calls. That said the school and the teacher provided proof to the court that she was in class. Still the legal system did not take their word as enough proof and decided that she was a hazard to her community so she needed to go back to jail. Honestly the legal system doesn’t just suck, it is cruel.

19 Likes

It’s legal in 20 states. Make a fancy label, hire a celebrity cameo, americans eat that shit up. Raise the price by adding “luxurious adjectives”

7 Likes

Now someone will market a phone holder that attaches to your ankle sensor.

3 Likes

Good name for a band.

5 Likes

You mean…you’re not doing it right now?

2 Likes

With the lovely sunshine where you are, it’d grow like nobody’s business. Bags of soil and a judicious application of bat-poop tea? Lovely.
Of course, having a back yard full of a particularly cashy cash-crop would bring its own woes. Ain’t no such thing as a free lunch is there?

1 Like

All the growers I know have had a plant or two stolen from them, one was a total wipe out while he was sleeping 20 feet away. I’m thinking it’s just easier to stop by the dispensary when you are running low.

2 Likes

Whilst people being busted for weed possession is a bad thing, I’d make an exception for rustlers on the grounds of poetic justice

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.