Judge strikes down Michigan's 90-year old abortion ban

Originally published at: Judge strikes down Michigan's 90-year old abortion ban | Boing Boing

17 Likes

24 Likes

A judge after my own heart.

30 Likes

ROEVEMBER IS COMING. Better believe it is!!

21 Likes

The block on spacing is just outrageous. With no medical or moral ground to stand on, they’re trying to use a technicality to beat people into submission.

Please vote, people. The overwhelming majority of people favor at least some progressive policies, just the same overwhelming majority is too dang lazy to vote.

27 Likes

I can’t be truly outraged at the tactic (as opposed to the outrageous and despicable cause on behalf of which it’s deployed). This is yet another example of the American right using a workaround or cheat because they know they don’t have the support of anywhere near the majority of the people to win legitimately.

15 Likes

Oh, don’t worry, we’ll submit petitions until we get this into the state constitution. We’re not getting any less mad about Republicans taking away our agency.

20 Likes

Yeah, quite the opposite:

And despite the Fox News spin, their polling shows a radical shift among the precious “dad” demographic. +28 points to D in a matter of weeks. Jezebel link, ‘cause I’m not giving Fox a click:

21 Likes

(link excerpts):

Her father, Morris Gleicher (1917–1992), was a former president of the Michigan ACLU.

She began her legal career at Goodman, Eden, Millender & Bedrosian in Detroit, a firm known for “defending those considered indefensible, not because of what they did, but because of who they were, reflecting the prejudices of their times.”

Gleicher was one of the six associates and partners in Ernest Goodman’s firm who went on to receive the “Champion Of Justice Award” from the State Bar of Michigan during the course of their careers.

12 Likes

12 Likes

The Republican party has definitely entered the “end justifies the means” era of their existence. That’s why they’re trying to paint Democratic politicians and their supporters as satanic pedophile groomers, etc. After all, who wouldn’t do everything possible to get rid of satanic pedophile groomers.

9 Likes

Michigan Supreme Court ruled the abortion amendment question should be on the ballot.

Not quite on the ballot yet, but close.

7 Likes

This was just on local news. I yelled a hearty “hell, yeah!”.

Sadly, local news gave a microphone to the tool heading MI’s forced birth leader, but no one from Planned Parenthood, or even an OB/GYN. Disgraceful.

10 Likes

i never heard a legal argument about kerning before. ( although after reading about it all… i guess still haven’t ) hard to believe too that it all started because they needed to remove the word “the”

too bad we can’t get a do over with the second amendment and its bad, commas. :confused:

4 Likes

Tudor Dixon is already taking it as a given, now saying, “And just like that you can vote for Gretchen Whitmer’s abortion agenda & still vote against her.” I’m not sure how effective and favorable that is for her, though.

1 Like

Does this mean we in the US are still British citizens? Did you see the size of John Hancock’s John Hancock on the Declaration of Independence; totally invalidated the entire document. /s

THE QUEEN IS DEAD: GOD SAVE THE KING!

1 Like

It’s not Whitmer’s abortion agenda, it’s the majority of Michigan residents’ agenda.

Dixon is a two faced hypocrite, she is going to get her ass handed to her and at the same time blowing a lot of Devos’ cash.

3 Likes

I mean, this is a net positive in my book, eh?

3 Likes

I just appreciate how full on stupid she’s presenting herself to the world. Michigan often makes me fear that it will slide the wrong way in elections. She’s putting that fear at ease right now. The money she’s received, which doesn’t compare to Whitmer’s fundraising, can’t compete.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.