Judge unhappy with the QAnon Shaman's lawyer

Scientology sent PIs to harass a judge’s assistants and family, and then when the judge complained, they asked him to recuse himself because he was biased. I forget if he did. (It’s not a proper Scientology trial unless they go through at least five judges.)

7 Likes

Holy shit. Not only is he an egomaniac and publicity hound, he’s also really, really bad at grammar.

4 Likes

You got me curious enough to look it up. Of course the “subter” is one piece, meaning under, and the fuge is “run” as in fugitive.

9 Likes

You should read up on that case: The South Butt - Wikipedia

It, uh, doesn’t look like a clear victory story.

3 Likes

(I knew that.)

But perhaps it was, instead, not so much underhand or hidden but rather more subtlerfuge?

3 Likes

The conceit of the bio being written in the third person is amusing (and somewhat pathetic), when it’s obvious that he himself wrote the whole thing. And the amount of extraneous detail is remarkable: eg, what is exceptional about a lawyer who “challenges” someone else to take a lie detector test?

But he’s doing other lawyers a service: all they have to do is read one or two paragraphs of his bio to figure out that any true lawyer would do well to stay far away from this firm.

5 Likes

Samesies. My biggest take away from this post is that I need to re-watch “My Cousin Vinny” ASAP.

5 Likes

At least he can go back to his ‘best’ job vending hot dogs when he is dis-barred.

1 Like

Is, uh, is that pronounced “Quack Law”? :thinking:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.