Judgemental Maps

[Permalink]

I dunno if you need to agree with every word - it’s comedy, not a manifesto. Wouldn’t it be great to crossbreed this with those twee New Yorker covers?

“It must be said, some of these maps, and some of the items on certain
maps, reflect attitudes towards other human beings that I do not share.
But others, I found funny and true.”

That’s the problem with Judgmental Things.

I feel like I’ve been waiting my whole life for that site. London is the best, with entries for “droogs” and “The Queen.”

LOL: “Hipster wannabes from Orange County”

Run down home, factories, and K-Mart.

That’s usually where they are located around my area as well.

“Air smells like jet fuel” doesn’t seem to be a negative to me.

I don’t know how to feel about being from “The Carpenters” – I prefer to think of it as Spaceship-Land-that-is-now-Retail-Land.

I’m apparently from Real Life, Orange County, which is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about Orange County, AFAIK.

I suppose this is very useful for white people when deciding on which neighborhoods to avoid or gentrify.

so, care to elaborate about how you know so much about Hobo Blow Jobs, then? ; )

I used to live in Minneapolis, and I enjoy how spot-on some of the “judgements” are. I got a good laugh out of this one: http://judgmentalmaps.com/post/48615076593/minneapolis when I realized I lived about four blocks from “That F!#&ing K-Mart.” Because that describes it perfectly.

It’s kind of interesting that ethnicity counts as judgement.

I haven’t looked at the map yet, but can I guess it’s the one on Lake Street, just off 35W?

[edit] Yes, yes it is that effin’ k-mart. Some things just don’t ever seen to change. Like the Millionaire Democrats, Gay Renters, and People Who Say They Live in Edina. Same as it was when I was a kid in the 80’s.

It does in Chicago…both on the map they’ve made, and in real life.

That is the one. That’s why these are funny when you know the area - there are always a few things that pop right out.

Now I want to visit the Bar of the Drowned God.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.