Jupiter Day Spa sex worker who serviced Robert Kraft arrested

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/25/jupiter-day-spa-sex-worker-who.html

2 Likes

So they arrested the woman, but not the man who paid her?

Color me shocked.

41 Likes

Lesson learned: Don’t get a safe deposit box. It is essentially a beacon to the government “My stuff is here, look it over and take what you want”.

9 Likes

Uh. but they did “arrest” the man. They issued a warrant for his arrest and his attorneys appeared in court to deal with it and get him released on bail and requested a jury trial (etc etc). He has been charged with a misdemeanor and is awaiting the trial.

19 Likes

Ah, then color me shocked genuinely.

28 Likes

Well, serves her right for believing she has any sort of bodily autonomy.

8 Likes

And people still say that there are no career opportunities for older women in this country.

/s

1 Like

Will she get the same sweat heart deal Kraft got?

note sarcasm…

14 Likes

The guy hasn’t gotten any deal. He requested a trial and in the interim his high priced attorneys are fighting every little detail. In fact a group of non named individuals who were not in fact arrested or charged with anything but customers of the spa for legitimate purposes have taken up a class action lawsuit against the county because they were also filmed without consent and did not commit any crimes.

4 Likes

For people who are not familiar with US standards of morality, can someone explain what is an “illegal sex act” ?

4 Likes

Looks like nobody gets a “happy ending” here, in the original sense of the phrase anyway.

2 Likes

If you have to ask, you can’t afford it.

17 Likes

Well, I guess it depends on where you are, what you’re looking to do, and with whom. Also, who you are…

Le4Q8Dq

4 Likes

I think the term is “bodily autonomy.” She’s not trying to keep her body secret, she’s trying to assert ownership and control of it. (Unless it’s a sex trafficking situation in which case she still shouldn’t be the person getting arrested.)

10 Likes

Any particular reason why you show the face of this woman?

Also: why is this entire post in Boing Boing and what am I supposed to feel here?

2 Likes

Civil forfeiture? i.e. the money was guilty.

4 Likes

Assuming you are being serious…any sexual act performed in exchange for money.

“Police found $43,000 in her safe deposit box, which they’ll no doubt confiscate,”

So, the sex worker is going to suffer punishment far worse than Robert Kraft’s punishment.

5 Likes

Well, even though both were arrested, only one of them has the resources to immediately get out of jail, anyways. And he likely has the resources to avoid any kind of consequences, too, whereas this will totally destroy her life.

9 Likes

OK. This is really… grr.

When they announced this sting, they said that the women involved were trafficked women who were victims of the international sex slavery trade.

Now, they arrest the woman with whom the deed was done.

So… now they arrest the trafficked sex crimes victim and steal her money? Really? REALLY?

Sherrifs seem to think they can tell the story both ways. Sad thing is, they’re right. :frowning: Does their office normally arrest kidnapping victims?

Link to first article I could find describing it as human trafficking:

14 Likes