Just another emergency landing after an unruly passenger assaults a flight attendant

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

3 Likes

His last commercial flight!

(If only).

I’d rather have a professional take care of business, too. But over the last 20 years we’ve seen example after example of flight crews and passengers handling things (even with armed highjack attempts). And the number of FAMs arrested for felonies has FAR outpaced the number of arrests BY FAMs.

It just doesn’t make sense to spend a billion dollars a year on the off chance that the FAMs happen to be on a flight where there is a bad guy who is (1) too diabolical to be stopped by crew or passengers and (2) not diabolical enough to use the FAMs’ guns for evil.

1 Like

I think air marshals are more likely on flights into or out of DCA (RR National Airport). It was one of the conditions for reopening after 9/11.

I bet they have a taser. I suppose a gun would be problematic. Don’t want to be shooting holes in a pressurized vessel or sending bullets in the direction of the cockpit. Rubber bullets perhaps???

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.