Just another fist fight over masks while flying the unfriendly skies, caught on video

And there’s the whole natural selection thing. Anit-vaxxers don’t seem too keen on following other public health measures, like masking and social distancing, so keeping them out of the airports would be a good move. IMO.

7 Likes

As I understand it, the vaccines create antibodies to help fight off the infection, so vaccination decreases one’s chances of getting infected. So while it is true that vaccinated people can pass the virus, it’s less likely… because they’re less likely to catch it after the shot. Masks and social distancing are still crucial to preventing Covid spread, but vaccination is an important piece of the puzzle.

6 Likes

Really. Who cares if they’re pressing charges against each other? I’m more interested in whether the authorities are charging the maskless passenger with violating the law.

4 Likes

Good point! I can’t imagine getting into a fist fight in the aisle of an airplane, in flight, and not being charged by said airline…WTF?

7 Likes

Right? There’s no room to wind up and no proper footing. Heck, I practically concuss myself when I have to head to the bathroom mid-flight.

7 Likes

yes of course, this is why i say “cut down”, “reduce” and “slowing it down”.

3 Likes

People keep asking why bOing bOing keeps posting these Karen/maskhole videos. This thread. This is why.

7 Likes

And, can’t any of the other passengers (ALL of the other passengers!!!) press charges? Reckless endangerment? Infliction of emotional distress? So two idiots have it out and because neither of THEM presses charges, it’s all in good fun? FFS…

3 Likes

I’m so tempted to offer boxing tips for tight quarters but (looks around suspiciously) I don’t know who else is reading this.
:joy:

4 Likes

Sober people still crash cars.

what GIF

10 Likes

Um… That’s a weird non-sequitr. I wrote a long response before realizing it wasn’t worth responding to. So I deleted it.

That was a brilliant metaphor. Vaccinated people can be contagious with COVID - but fewer catch it than unvaccinated people even when exposed, have a shorter course of illness, and are contagious for a shorter period, so the comparison to sober drivers (who still crash cars) to drunk drivers (who crash way more cars) is apt.

10 Likes

They declined to press charges, but they were placed on the No Fly Forever list, ri-ight? … Hello {tap tap}, is this thing on?

5 Likes

Stay Home Fact Check GIF by INTO ACTION

6 Likes

Don’t stop me now … I’m having such a good time,
Don’t stop me now … I’m having a ball.

5 Likes

I want to ride my bicycle…:frowning:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.