Just another fist fight over masks while flying the unfriendly skies, caught on video

Originally published at: Just another fist fight over masks while flying the unfriendly skies, caught on video | Boing Boing

5 Likes

“Adulting” is beyond some folks, you enter a tube that will be flying at 30k feet and you want to start some foolish child like behavior. The solution to this should be mid-flight jettison option for Flight Attendants.

20 Likes

I’m glad that the couple of times i flew last year i didn’t have anything like this happen

10 Likes

Shrieking “Stop stop stop” is not calming the situation. At all.

8 Likes

The universal rule is 4 “stops” then it works, I wish people would learn that.

20 Likes

Don’t you have to say it while looking in the mirror, though?
Or am I thinking of something else?

16 Likes

Airplane cabins are Culture War front lines.

Oddly on bus lines such behavior goes unreported.

11 Likes

Or you can use the “Stop Stop Stop Stop App”.

10 Likes

I, for one, won’t stop ‘til I get enough. Nor should you. :wink:

15 Likes

You can’t, you don’t and you won’t stop.

14 Likes

You can’t, you won’t, and you don’t stop?

Mike D Mca GIF by Beastie Boys

12 Likes

There is one situation in which I would stop, and that is in the name of love.

18 Likes

Personally, I’d do anything for love, but I won’t do that.

17 Likes

I suspect that a lot of this anger from these over-privileged chuckle-f**ks comes in the form of two parts:

Part One is that this is the first time in their entire lives they’ve had to interact with society not on their own terms.

When they reached adulthood, they must have thought, “Well, I’m an adult now and I don’t have to be told what to do ever again.”

Airline: “You must wear a mask while on this flight”

Over-Privileged Chuckle-F**k: “Noooooooooooooooooo!”

Part Two is that they grew up hearing that America is the Greatest Country In The World™. So follow the logic:

1. Pandemics only happen in Sh*thole countries.

2. America is NOT a sh*thole country…

3. Therefore, all this stuff about masks and vaccines and social distancing is just the dirty liberals trying to tear down America’s greatness.

14 Likes

honestly, i think we should make vaccines mandatory to board a plane. it would cut down on this nonsense and reduce the primary vector for moving the virus between countries slowing it down dramatically.

that it would also reduce the amount of ant-vax/mask ass-hattery is just a bonus.

12 Likes

Vaccinated people can still spread the virus.

2 Likes

How civil they are!

3 Likes

I’ve read in a couple of places that Biden said he would issue vaccine requirements for flying IF his medical advisors recommended it. I can’t even begin to imagine what the reaction will be of the people who refuse masks on planes.

5 Likes

According to what I read, vaccinated people have a far less serious case of the virus. So, that’s the purpose of the vaccine: to reduce hospitalizations and to save lives. Transmittal can be limited by masks, hygiene and social distancing, the last of course is impossible on planes.

6 Likes

We will see what the data shows for omicron, but for delta there was still a 5-9x reduction of primary infection among vaccinated vs unvaccinated people. So vacccines are still our primary and best defense against transmission, despite anti-vax talking points.

9 Likes