Just gonna say, we tried a moderate in 2016 and it got us Trump /r/unpopularopinion

I have given you many examples of how the Democratic party has moved to the Right and all you can say is “Doesn’t matter. Fake news!” That’s MAGAT level denial.

All serious political scientists have said there is no “Center.” And in fact Centrists are defined not by any particular policy but by being between liberals and the GOP they will, inevitably, move to the right. Add in the Clintonista mantras of “triangulating” and “no air space on the right” and the steady movement to the right is even more apparent.

Tell me where the Democrats have moved to the Left without the fact-free bromides and we can talk

1 Like

You have given me many examples wtf? You said your peace I replied. You don’t like it tough. I don’t need you comparing me to that dredge. Leave me out of whatever bullshit you are cooking.

1 Like

Hey - my most preferred candidate has left the race. But that opinion is just defeatism without any basis. The results in thus-far are that Dems are turning out in much greater numbers than 2016.

Voter turnout last night vs. 2016:

Virginia +23%
South Carolina +21%
North Carolina +20%
Texas + 27%
Tennessee + 19%
Maine +17%
Alabama +22%
Oklahoma +16%
Colorado +12%

America is itching to get Trump out.

— Joshua Potash (@JoshuaPotash) March 4, 2020

5 Likes

Yeah man - I feel that way about my candidate too - I won’t vote for anyone if she doesn’t win

fucking man babies.

3 Likes

I sure hope your optimism is right, (I’m not being facetious one bit.) I really hope we can toss Trump out. I was super bummed that Bernie’s younger crowd stayed home and played XBOX. But they need to turn out for Biden, should he win the nom.

Yeah, that was insulting, but damn it I am frustrated with people<35. Now I sound like a boomer, but I’m not one. “Everything woulda been fine except for you meddling kids!” shakes fist

Or rather, “What the hell is wrong with you kids? Start meddling already!”

3 Likes

Either that, or the overton window has shifted so far right, its taboo for team blue to seriously entertain leftist agendas any more.

2 Likes

In all fairness, it’s got to be a tough row to hoe to get <35 out in numbers for a bunch of septuagenarians/near-octogenarians. Not advocating ageism, but age is a legitimate issue because mental fitness for the long haul is relevant. It’s an issue NOW with the current POS I mean POTUS.

Young voters didn’t turn out in big numbers when there were still young candidates in the running either though.

The worst part is he is clearly not 100% mentally, Hillary at least had her senses for the most part, Joe was a gaff-machine even younger but now he is constantly stumbling for words, constantly repeating the same phrases “folks” “folks” “folks” “folks” (30 times in some speeches, seriously)

You would not even let him drive, there is no way he still has a drivers license, not for years now, maybe a decade.

Of course I’ll take him over Trump but without the Senate what a non-stop facepalm for the next four years.

But I thought they just loooooooved Bernie? Something ain’t right about these equations.

Biden’s got a serious stutter. That, I think, explains an awful lot of his repeats and stumbles.

My 94 year old grandma still has a license and was driving right up until we moved her in with us a year ago.

The US only seems to actually take licenses away from POC.

1 Like

Jesus - the woman did a grueling marathon 11 hour testimony against a Republican controlled House who were out to destroy her - and didn’t miss a fucking beat - she kicked all their asses. But - sorta wasn’t decrepit?

6 Likes

Really disappointed Warren didn’t do better

She was the candidate who refuted all the stereotypes about old people instead of confirming them

3 Likes

I’m not saying this to be mean but there is no way your grandma should have been allowed to be on the road after 90 years old, there is absolutely no way she had the needed reaction time, ability to merge and keep up with traffic or even park. No way in heck. People want to believe age can be overcome but it’s very very real. I thought age was silly until I got into my 50s and every year was a new body/health problem.

2 Likes

I agree. But she gets so mean.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.