Just in time for Veterans Day, Donald Trump Jr compares himself to dead soldiers in his new book

So does this one.

14 Likes

barf

5 Likes

He’s dense like a tombstone, though.

Are you saying he was… …triggered?

2 Likes

8 Likes

Needs more punch, more…consonants. It sounds too soft. Maybe translate into another language…

2 Likes

As to why…well, look to history.

3 Likes

Perhaps I give them too much credit; but I’m unclear on why Junior would expect even fairly die-hard Trump enthusiasts to support The Fredo.

Cults of personality often have…Rocky succession issues, especially when kiddo lacks whatever virtues(dubious or otherwise) brought daddy to power; it’s fairly clear that cultivating loyalty to oneself personally doesn’t mesh neatly with cultivating some sacred-bloodline nonsense.

It doesn’t help that Junior isn’t an obviously impressive specimen even if you have an insatiable hunger for owning the libs. The internet is full of assholes way, way, hungrier and more talented than this guy.

hyper-rational

Nobody whose intelligence and opinions I respect calls themself this.

7 Likes

I laughed when I saw “hyper-rational” because it made me think of Baudrillard’s hyperreality. That is, Don Jr. described themself as a person who functions based on a simulation of rationality that they have mistaken for actual rationality. It seemed like such a fitting description.

And Don Jr. can kiss my ass about “stoic”. Someone who is actually living the ideal of stoicism would feel strong emotions all the time because they aren’t afraid of their emotions. They just wouldn’t let their emotions make decisions for them. Feeling the need to preface any expression of feeling with a “I don’t normally have feelings like this…” in order to secure other people’s perception of your masculinity is about the most anti-stoic thing I can imagine.

5 Likes

I put this Guardian piece in a different thread, but it seems like it belongs here too:

5 Likes

This.

I can’t laugh at Shitstain Jr getting heckled by his supporters, because why he was heckled was so much worse. This is not a good thing.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.