Just in time for Veterans Day, Donald Trump Jr compares himself to dead soldiers in his new book

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/11/just-in-time-for-veterans-day.html

5 Likes

Trumps are so depressing that I am going to meditate about Gretchen Thunberg for awhile and then find something I can do to improve the world, even if it is only a little tiny thing.

34 Likes

The fucker is totally detached from reality. His fucking families sacrifice? Wah! Wah! Daddies, not been available all the time to make sure we were grifting at 100% capacity - vapid prick.

20 Likes
12 Likes

This vet says “Fuck you Don Jr. and every member of your family too!”

35 Likes

What a whiny little shit.

22 Likes

LOL.

27 Likes

You mean the new book written for him. Since Donald Trump Jr’s ability to create coherent sentences is usually in doubt.

21 Likes

That headline is too long to fit in the onebox.

FTFY

15 Likes

Nicely done!

6 Likes

Looks like Jr trying to make a buck or two with a new book before the whole family is rightfully shipped off to prison.

8 Likes

“…by his own supporters…”

7 Likes

You’re right! The onebox cut that part out completely.

I expected the heckling to be because he finally crossed a line, but no, it was white nationalists who believe that the Trumps have been bought off by a secret Globalist cabal :disappointed:

10 Likes

Wow, his life is considerably more difficult than I thought. He should have named the book “My Struggle”

27 Likes

16 Likes

The Trump family has been actively insulting veterans while aggrandizing their own actions for decades. Mocking POWs, attacking Gold Star families, running a “charity” that literally stole money intended for veterans, and let’s not forget this:

I legitimately cannot fathom how any veteran could look to that family with respect.

22 Likes

“[People] always want credit for what they are supposed to do.”

"voluntarily giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals to avoid the appearance that we were 'profiting off of the office.

“Frankly, it was a big sacrifice, costing us millions and millions of dollars annually … Of course, we didn’t get any credit whatsoever from the mainstream media, which now does not surprise me at all.”

“…, you’re supposed to divulge yourself of conflicting interests.”

15 Likes

That is so good. He deliberately appears at a college campus in the hopes that liberal college students will drown him out, proving his narrative that liberals won’t let him speak. Except that doesn’t happen. Instead (perhaps because), he refuses to do a Q&A, pissing off right-wingers, who cut short his talk. Trump’s girlfriend then insults the audience and calls one of the MAGAts an incel.

I’m sure that the Fox News spin will be that the red hat wearing alt-righters were secretly liberals, rather than this proving Trump’s accusations are all projection…

The irony is he wants credit for pretending to do the thing they were supposed to do. But of course the whole family is so upset that Trump accidentally won the election (that was just a PR exercise to raise profits) that they feel justified in whatever they do, seeing it as “making up” lost revenue.

12 Likes

It’s almost if catering to the conspiracy-addled fringe to defeat the mainstream GOP doesn’t work when you become the mainstream. If only there was some other billionaire-funded populist movement in the American right who learned this lesson immediately before the Trump one.

4 Likes

For those who’d like more soothing reading, here’s that complete (a year ago) collection of Trump foreign deals, ongoing and inherently conflicted & corrupt:

That article references a nice one on NPR, same topic:

https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2018/01/15/577326163/after-a-year-in-office-questions-about-trumps-foreign-deals-go-on-and-on

My favourite was the $500M loan from a state-owned Chinese company just before T did one of his tweets that he’d be lifting some sanctions against another state-tied company - over the objections of Republicans as well as Democrats.

But it started right after the inauguration: Trump campaigned on a pro-Taiwan stance, reversed it after taking office, was awarded about 3 dozen Chinese trademarks that had been held up for a decade soon after.

9 Likes