Just look at this cast aluminium banana

[Permalink]

5 Likes

Okay we looked at it. Now what do you suggest we use to slice it up? So we can put the slices on our steel wool breakfast cereal.

Following the Minecraft hierarchy, now we need to just look at the diamond banana.

3 Likes

*Steel cut oats

5 Likes

I have a sudden urge to listen to some Steely Dan.

4 Likes

Somewhere Jeff Koons is wishing heā€™d thought of that.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not DIY metallic food props, but because itā€™s nonfood items creatively filmed as food, and because it never gets old:

6 Likes

It looks like it should be a remote control.

Prolly the only thing itā€™d be good for is tuning in ā€œCurious Georgeā€ on PBS.

You could do worse than Dr. John.

How the hell could you defend yourself against a man armed with that?

6 Likes

You have a sick mind. I like you.

Someone knows contemporary art. I like you too,

Needs yellow anodising.

2 Likes

I imagine that itā€™s the same as a regular banana:

Nice to see there was no noticeable banana-shrinkage as a result of the casting process. :banana:

2 Likes

Perhaps the aluminum banana can serve as the SI unit of scaleā€¦ How big is his hand? 0.75 SI bananas.

Exactly the pointā€¦

The official banana for scale

So as a test project I figured I would make THE scale banana.

A while back someone posted some pictures of giant bananas and tiny bananas. This of course discredits our ā€œbanana for scaleā€ motto and something had to be done. After all, if the world can have a perfect kilogram sized sphere why canā€™t we have a perfect scale banana?

6 Likes

In keeping with SI convention, I propose that this new unit be called the doctorow (D).

4 Likes

So are we talking lower case ā€˜dā€™ or upper case ā€˜Dā€™? I always find that confusing, and I think we should sort it out right from the start.

1 Like

As I understand* it, the unit name (e.g. ampere) is lower case. The symbol (e.g. A) is upper case if the unit is named after a person, lower case otherwise.

*In the skimming-the-Wikipedia-article sense of ā€œunderstandā€.

1 Like

Tell that to Force. mass and acceleration got a raw deal there.