Just the Tip: Documenting San Francisco's (undeniably phallic) Salesforce Tower

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/30/just-the-tip-documenting-san.html

4 Likes

Are not all skyscrapers phallic?

24 Likes

Doesn’t seem any more phallic than most skyscrapers to me. I guess some people’s subconsciouses work a little differently.

6 Likes

Look, I’m sorry, it’s a good article but as a human being, I must point out that a lot of stuff looks like dicks to us.

3 Likes

Some look like buttplugs

15 Likes

Are not all phalluses skyscrapery?

8 Likes

Indeed.

fcd25201117abcf157ae02c686e5784a

7 Likes

For equal representation, how about they build this plan by the late Zaha Hadid across town?

7Ig5toriIg72PIUz9DR_bjwMe1ERXK9HMQl4D70HpZo

17 Likes

"TechBro Dick."

Roger That!

5 Likes

Some Christmas trees, too.

12 Likes

Wait… you think that’s what a phallus looks like? I have to assume you’re um… not married?

8 Likes

Meh. Honestly feels more like juvenile “anti-tech-bro raging”, to be honest. It’s not a super creative shape, but I sort of like the subtle simplicity.

3 Likes

They are all great erections.

13 Likes

Trains going into tunnels.

1 Like

Welp, with an invite like that, I say good luck to them sorting through the submissions. May they find a few pics of the building in that haystack…

7 Likes

I’ve seen better…

Ypsilanti, Michigan, the “Brick Dick” (water tower), still standing:

8 Likes

I was coming (pun intended) to say the same thing. I don’t think Salesforce deserves to be targeted specifically for what is just sort of always been a thing.

3 Likes

Don’t really think it’s that phallic. Not when there’s dildo-shaped buildings like Torre Agbar (Barcelona).

7 Likes

Perhaps it’s European?

10 Likes

I know someone else said this, but I can’t find the quote. Anyway:

When you get right down to it, everything is either concave or convex.

3 Likes