Justice Scalia spent his last hours with members of a secretive society of elite hunters

Do ask your father in law how many other members of his Club can boast 50+ years of membership and let’s say black skin. How many members of his club have skin other than snow white, how many are women, exactly?

The supremacy of the white male (preferably not working class) has been pretty much the most effective conspiracy known to human kind and exclusive clubs of various persuasions have been the life blood of that supremacy–

A great sign of the pervasive nature of that conspiracy you can find just about here:

Really? Curious that his imperial (not even royal) highness is an Archduke of a country which has abolished nobility almost a century ago. How does that work without conspiracy, I ask.

1 Like

I take your point, but the Grove isn’t public.

That second knife, with the black cross bookended by the U.S. and German flags, sent a shiver down my spine.

A single pour there is like 4 ounces.

1 Like

Cartoon room FTW!

Also, if I ever make a billion dollars I am totally going to get one of those Jules-Verne-style libraries.

1 Like

I’m going to build me a library with a house attached. Wrought iron stairs and endless stacks. And you are totally invited.

5 Likes

Yes, it’s called forgetting about the Manhattan and drinking a Red Hook like a real cocktail connoisseur.

Wait, that was supposed to be a secret, wasn’t it? Well, I guess I know who’s the next to be hunted.

It doesn’t show well in the picture, but that’s the Enduring Freedom limited edition commemorative, by Hubertus. As can be seen in the first picture (the Berlin Wall knife), their logo is a Christian cross with a halo, or maybe a crown of thorns, around it, so it’s probably a reference to the saint. Fun fact - in the1930’s, Hubertus designed the Hitler Youth knife.

I’m sure this all ties in to Scalia somehow.

2 Likes

But surely there must be spaces within The Grove that are off limits to members (outside of the urinating male kind) where helpful staff mindfully tap fresh butts of ale and similar inebriants? Perhaps the place where oysters are split open or redwoods are felled aren’t public in the same way that the rest of the bit of land is, which is to say that some places are indeed relatively public or private spaces to those who have graced the other Grove members with their presence.

Yeah, that was what the image was reminding me of. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

2 Likes

Sooo…is it too soon?

1 Like

Well, here I am again, to add a different perspective. My family has a pretty big ranch in Southern Colorado/New Mexico. We don’t let people hunt on our land, but some neighbors do guided hunts and fishing trips. It is not like they bring in a sedated mountain lion and tie it to a stake to be shot, although I suppose that does happen somewhere. What it comes down to, is kind of generally locating an animal in a huge piece of land. Some guy flies in for a week, and he wants to spend a few days riding, a few days fishing, and a few days hunting. If the guide has pre-scouted the game, there is a pretty good likelihood of getting the client to the animal. Otherwise, they are likely to spend the whole time wearing themselves out and not finding anything. If that happens a few years in a row, they are probably going to go somewhere else. And hosting hunts like that is one of very few ways to keep those ranches family owned and essentially pristine wilderness.

1 Like

The Iron Cross is still (or rather, again) a German medal and the Black Cross has been an insignia in continuous use since 1871. There’s nothing all that sinister about it, because unlike the Hakenkreuz it isn’t a symbol specific to the Nazis, it’s just German.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.