Kamala Harris and Mike Pence face off in sole VP debate

If Belushi was still with us he’d play that fly.

10 Likes

If there is another POTUS debate, there needs to be a big timer viewable by the participants, with an automatic cut-off on the mike when time runs out.
And don’t tell the debaters about the cut-off beforehand; the ‘Moderator’ merely needs to mention the rules at the start.
Imagine Lord Dampnut’s reaction when he realizes he can’t run roughshod over the rules this time.
I bet he catches Covid again, afterwards…

Re: the Fly on Popsicle’s head
You know how Vampires can shape-shift into a bat? That was you-know-who, keeping his minion in line…

10 Likes

I know a guy who harbored a fly.
I don’t know why he harbored a fly.
I guess we’ll die.

20 Likes

Might want to run that by some professional women, to see if it changed their minds, or at least lit more of a fire under them to get out the vote.

11 Likes

FTFY

13 Likes

There are already a lot of people on Twitter petitioning Lorne Michaels to bring Jeff Goldblum into this weekend’s SNL debate sketch.

28 Likes

In addition to mic cutting, start a timer once the speaker’s time is up. Speak for 30 seconds longer than allotted, your next time period is 30 seconds less. Speak over the other person? That timer increases likewise. If you over speak for 2 minutes and your next allotted time is 2 minutes, you don’t even get to speak.

The moderator’s feeble “please, please” is pointless.

23 Likes

Oh my God, please, no.

1 Like

When Pence walked onstage my son remarked that he looked like an android. We talked about that: smooth, generic features, overly-fastidious grooming, flat affect, monotonous speech, slow and controlled movements. A computer simulation of a human politician. Then that damned fly landed on his head and Pence didn’t even notice it was there. It’s not just his heart that’s unfeeling. Android for sure.

16 Likes

Same with court-stacking.

2 Likes

34 Likes

Personally, I’d pick Gilbert Gottfried I think. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Corporate android.

8 Likes

Ridiculousness

6 Likes

I don’t see what is so surprising about seeing a fly on a piece of shit.

12 Likes
11 Likes

it changed my mind.

it’s been a while since the democratic primary and i honestly haven’t thought much about harris since. after seeing her solid steady performance: im perfectly comfortable with her becoming president if that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

im guessing, hoping, maybe im not the only one came out feeling that way.

she could be presidential. pence could double as a wax statue at madame tussauds

pence attempted a gob smacking turn around in my view. one he doesn’t have enough charisma to pull off, and one that trump ( thanks god ) isn’t consistent enough to follow through on.

straight out of the iraq war disaster he said you shouldn’t change leadership in the midst of a crisis, and more galling: he tried to warp criticism about the administration’s failures into criticism of the american people.

it definitely worked for shrub, but i think harris was able to turn that around by reminding people how much trump and pence have lied about covid.

also couldn’t help notice pence pushed the vaccine timeline back from the election to the end of the year. tomorrow is always a day away

13 Likes

The moderator also needs to push them on the topic. A lot of the responses were just filling time and avoiding the question. Reducing subsequent speaking time just helps them avoid tough questions more easily. I like the idea of adding to the other’s speaking time, but that could go on forever.

9 Likes

this is not what the word “term” means

3 Likes

“I truly, in my heart of hearts, believe that even though he sometimes says things I don’t like, and acts in ways I wish he wouldn’t, I still think he has everybody’s best interest at heart,” she said. “I just cannot see him allowing for pre-existing conditions to come back.”

WHY? WHAT? What evidence is this belief built on??

8 Likes