Kamala picks Tim Walz for VP, and Trump struggles with spelling

Izz the Zuider wot dun it fur me.

7 Likes

Gov. Tim Walz’s Controversial Tampon Bill

Tampons, pads, and other menstrual products must be stocked free of charge in Minnesota’s public schools

how the…how could this be “controversial”?!? what?!?

9 Likes

Misogyny, transphobia, hate of anything even remotely related to sex, hate of poor people, hate of children…

The people who find this controversial are full of all kinds of hate.

27 Likes

Wow. This guy was the real deal as a teacher. He wasn’t just some football coach who got assigned to teach social studies. It sounds like it was the other way around. This article is from 2008, but it was about a class Walz taught early in his teaching career in 1993 in Nebraska.

26 Likes

She’s a good kid and decided she couldn’t call in sick.

She works for a very large international company, her immediate boss lives in Asia. She contacted them and said she had a chance to see the Vice President speak.

Her boss said no problem.

We’re excited for her.

They still don’t know where the rally is, they have to be at the shuttle bus location and then find out where.

Security is tight.

She has her mask ready for the bus ride.

I really hope it works out for her.

32 Likes

Cabinet appointments are post-election, but the jockeying and betting has already started.

https://www.axios.com/2024/08/07/kamala-harris-cabinet-election

Behind the Curtain: The Harris Cabinet

If she wins, Vice President Kamala Harris is expected to name a Cabinet and West Wing that are younger than President Biden’s, with more people of color, sources close to her tell us.

Why it matters: Biden took a comfort-food approach to staff, so a second term could’ve looked like a rerun. Despite her risk aversion, Harris — while turning to plenty of familiar names — will also add some powerful new characters to Washington’s cast.

15 Likes

They should get back to work down the coal mines. /s

6 Likes

Has anyone posted this yet? Trump fucking lost it last night. Holy shit, this is deranged, even for him.

“What are the chances that Crooked Joe Biden, the WORST president in the history of the US, whose presidency was unconstitutionally STOLEN from him by Kamabla, Barack HUSSEIN Obama, Crazy Nancy Pelosi, Shifty Adam Schiff, Cryin’ Chuck Schumer and others on the lunatic left, CRASHES the Democrat National Convention and tries to take back the nomination, beginning with challenging me to another DEBATE. He feels that he made a historically tragic mistake by handing over the US presidency, a COUP, to the people in the world he most hates. And he wants it back NOW!!!”

Source

29 Likes

Maybe RFKjr can lend him a worm?

26 Likes

The article’s last sentence is an important question:

Are y’all enjoying this as much as I am?

Yes I am.

18 Likes

Trump is projecting madly (and I mean that literally), because he can’t and won’t understand or accept the idea that Biden would genuinely decide the best thing to do is not to pursue a second term for himself, and let Harris run instead.

22 Likes

The frightened old narcissist is stuck somewhere between the “denial” and “anger” stages of grief, because he knows that if he loses the “bargaining” stage won’t go well for a grifter with no power.

15 Likes

So far this morning I’ve seen Walz abandoned his troops to avoid Iraq, he has a dui, he let his state burn while he watched, he passes out drivers licenses and health care to illegal immigrants, and he murdered nine babies that were botched abortions in the ninth month.

He also refused to sending his state’s national guard to the southern border.

19 Likes

“What are the chances that Crooked Joe Biden, the WORST president in the history of the US, whose presidency was unconstitutionally STOLEN from him by Kamabla, Barack HUSSEIN Obama, Crazy Nancy Pelosi, Shifty Adam Schiff, Cryin’ Chuck Schumer and others on the lunatic left, CRASHES the Democrat National Convention and tries to take back the nomination, beginning with challenging me to another DEBATE. He feels that he made a historically tragic mistake by handing over the US presidency, a COUP, to the people in the world he most hates. And he wants it back NOW!!!”

IMG_7649

14 Likes
15 Likes

I read (here?) that it doesn’t state which bathrooms, specifically.

My current job has period supplies available in all bathrooms: the communal “gendered” ones and the individual bathrooms. GOP fear being, of course, that a strapping young cis male see a tampon while he’s about to take a patriotic Freedom Poo and then exits the bathroom in full drag and demanding surgery.

[rolls eyes so hard they fall out of head]

19 Likes

Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

12 Likes

It’ll probably be one-ply toilet paper. /sarcasm, silly

::makes a note to add pads and tampons to the first aid kit- they absorb blood, right? that’d work for nosebleeds or nastier cuts. ::

So can Walz- I ended up watching CNN’s cut of Walz speech last night, and it just… resonated with me. (I was born in the Great Lakes area and spent a good amount of my childhood in that area, along with being the kid of a single mother who scrapes by for the large part.)

Indeed. The rally in Philly last night? use that energy to get out and vote, both local and national.
In my state, Kari Lake is running for US Senate. I’m hoping we have enough people in the state that remembers 2022 enough to deny her that seat.

15 Likes

26 Likes

Uh-oh. He’s gone full Ralph Wiggum.

IMG_3979

12 Likes