Kanye tells Jewish people: "Forgive Hitler today. Let it go, and stop trying to force it on other people."

I have not watched this yet, but I generally likes his videos… And it’s from a year ago, so doesn’t address the current shit…

12 Likes

Career ending moments: “You’ve thanked hitler!”

https://i.gifer.com/Ocah.gif

4 Likes

We need more Wallace Shawn. That I constantly hear what Kayne thinks, but never what Shawn thinks is inconceivable

20 Likes

I don’t know how much deeper this guy can dig himself down. He is a bigot who is being exploited by white supremacists to get the message out even more. I don’t see how this is going to end. Is he just going to be the weekly hate fire hose? Eventually the mainstream will lose interest in, but watchers will keep monitoring? Can he get some one to got in with him one on one to bring him around to abandon his views? That would require him getting rid of people like Nick Fuentes. Is he just going to be even deeper in it - becoming the next WP music artist?

:confused:

8 Likes

I don’t think it will end well for West. I’m hopeful that the amount of attention he is generating and just how awful what he’s been saying will help more people see that raging anti-Semitism is part and parcel of the GOP and certain subsets of American culture. Generate more puch back. But I’m also very afraid for the Jewish people who are already enduring a wave of anti-Semitism and potential violence

17 Likes

Shawn’s occasional essay collections are wonderful. His plays too. And knows how to make his bourgeois audience twitch and squrim, for what that’s worth.

14 Likes

The Designated Mourner is one of my favourites, very relevant. Here’s Shawn starring in the audio version.

9 Likes

… a terrorist immigrant everywhere he goes

and yet never detained much less deported :confused:

8 Likes

I went out for a walk and forgot what time it was so I had a bunch of the local high school students walking around me. Two of them were discussing how amazing Kanye is and how stupid it would be for someone (missed who/what) not to collaborate with him.

I resisted saying anything. Seems like his fans either ignore or accept his current behaviour.

16 Likes

26 Likes

I am a construction worker, not a writer. So I do not possess the skills to adequately and eloquently put into words how not forgiven Hitler should remain.

All I got is, fuck Hitler, and all who stand with him.

27 Likes

Someone should do an investigation to see what kinds of nefarious forces are corrupting the minds of today’s teens.

10 Likes

8 Likes

I was going to say invading Russia in June, but he probably blamed that on other people.

15 Likes

In the famous scene from Downfall he regrets not killing his high command like Stalin did, seeing as they lost the war after he took over Europe.

13 Likes

Yes.

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

10 Likes

As far as I know, he’s both but he isn’t one because of the other.

5 Likes

What’s Hebrew for “Go fuck yourself”?

7 Likes

For decades rocket industry “troublemakers” have been trying to point that out about Wernher von Braun.

10 Likes

Hey, it isn’t like von Braun was a member of the Nazi Party… oh, he was… well, at least he wasn’t a member of the SS… oh, he was… well, at least he didn’t use slave labour in a subterranean prison camp… oh, he did…

17 Likes