Kanye West says he's going "Death Con 3" on Jews

If he had less money and fame that’s where he’d be right now: standing behind a card table at Union Square, dressed in Biblical cosplay and yelling deranged nonsense at passers-by.

A couple of years back, people in his life were trying to get him the help he obviously needs. Apparently their efforts failed.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/entertainment/kim-kardashian-kanye-west-mental-health-statement/index.html

19 Likes

Maybe… but I think I’d argue that him having wealth and privilege is a major part of his world view.

I do wonder if part of that was it was not good for their show, coupled with him rejected help?

19 Likes

Well, that chap is certainly not my cup of tea. What an awful fellow.

p.s. Can anyone explain to me what the 5150 is?

/s, apart from the 5150 bit. Honestly don’t know what that is…

7 Likes

He’s a looser, someone with screws loose
Alien

2 Likes

An involuntary 72-hour commitment to a psych ward for evaluation.

22 Likes

Thank you. I have learned something today!

11 Likes

Reminder that just days ago the House Judiciary GOP was talking about these gentlemen as three peas in a pod:

Tweet is still up, so I guess that means explicit antisemitism (as opposed to thinly veiled antisemitism) is officially part of the platform now.

27 Likes

Kanye ev(lo)en trump it?

Please don’t try, it’s bad enough.

2 Likes

specific to california, but generalized in slang?

5150. (a) When a person, as a result of a mental health disorder, is a danger to others, or to himself or herself, or gravely disabled, a peace officer, professional person in charge of a facility designated by the county for evaluation and treatment, member of the attending staff, as defined by regulation, of a facility designated by the county for evaluation and treatment, designated members of a mobile crisis team, or professional person designated by the county may, upon probable cause, take, or cause to be taken, the person into custody for a period of up to 72 hours for assessment, evaluation, and crisis intervention, or placement for evaluation and treatment in a facility designated by the county for evaluation and treatment and approved by the State Department of Health Care Services. At a minimum, assessment, as defined in Section 5150.4, and evaluation, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 5008, shall be conducted and provided on an ongoing basis. Crisis intervention, as defined in subdivision (e) of Section 5008, may be provided concurrently with assessment, evaluation, or any other service.

9 Likes

What is not explained by the paranoid, disordered, easily-manipulated thinking that comes with illness is readily explained by him being a moron

27 Likes

White people came out of africa so they can’t possibly be racist towards africans. eye roll

5 Likes

Also the title of a Van Halen album.
Hence this single cover.

14 Likes

I would argue that happened awhile ago and explains his behavior.

2 Likes

I can attest that it is fully possible for someone with mental health problems to also be an asshole at the same time. There’s often no clear dividing line between the two. We say things like “that’s just the BPD / schizophrenia / alcoholism talking” but these illnesses aren’t a separate entity. They’re part of who you are – that’s what’s so difficult about it.

If Kanye West won’t give up the tweets, he doesn’t get to be graded on a moral curve for the stuff he says. The hypothetical “good Kanye” would have deleted his account if he wasn’t OK with what “bad Kanye” is up to.

6 Likes

“I actually can’t be Anti Semitic because black people are actually Jew also”

I guess this means Islamophobia isn’t really a thing either? There’s millions of white Muslims, after all…

Ah, fuck it. I’ve long since stopped caring what Kanye has to say about pretty much anything.

11 Likes

noice…
like yer style

4 Likes

Who Is That Alicia Keys GIF by iHeartRadio

I don’t know who this is. Sorry i seem to have forgotten and i’ll keep it that way :roll_eyes:

5 Likes
15 Likes

I’m now feeling weirdly vindicated for never having paid any attention to him in the first place

I have no idea what his music sounds like :notes:

16 Likes

Actually

14 Likes