Kanye West suspended from Twitter after posting a swastika

Has the FCC ever been too concerned with hate speech? Nipples and the harmless use of “fuck” as an exclamation, sure, but Rush Limbaugh was on the air until basically the day Satan dragged him down to hell

21 Likes

“I see good things about Hitler, also.”

The only good thing Hitler did was kill Hitler.

14 Likes

This has always been my argument against going back in time to kill Hitler. If you do that then Hitler lives, right?

8 Likes

Allegedly…

GIF adolf hitler season 6 episode 16 - animated GIF on GIFER

8 Likes

It was actually not a Nazi Swastika but the logo of a religion/cult called The Raelians - who themselves had to change the logo to be less Nazi like.

I worked as a bike courier and our dispatcher grew up in this cult. They believe aliens, bla bla bla.

3 Likes

/Checks to see if that makes it ok for Kanye to post this while calling Hitler a guy with some good ideas

Nope!

17 Likes

I agree!
I’m not defending him, just pointing out that he might be in a cult? I’m starting to worry about him. :rofl:

8 Likes

He is, but it’s a different cult

9 Likes

They stopped using that symbol 30 years ago, so there was a conscious choice to use the swastika version.

20 Likes

Probably not even a choice on Ye’s part. Milo probably just said “Here is a cool looking swastika! Post this! It will trigger the libs and make you preznit!”

Ye has never heard of Raelians

17 Likes

Not to mention that he posted it in the context of a conversation where he was explicitly praising Nazis and Hitler. There’s nothing close to plausible deniability here.

19 Likes

The rabbit hole just keeps going:
"For the people who are still alive and suffering from the side effects of this “vaccine” let us join together and use our brainwaves to ease their suffering.

2 Likes

That too, but yeah, let’s just say “rear end”, and leave it at that.

Perhaps if the Mercers still have a stake in it? Remarkably, there’s been zero mention of them and if they bailed in the last two years.

https://www.axios.com/2021/02/08/parler-john-matze-mercer-rebekah-robert

Leopards, faces…

eta: Yup, no one seems to know.

6 Likes

Considering some of my youthful fellows’ relishing of “In the Flesh” (second version) I’m not so sure…

6 Likes

The new one looks like a six-sided goatse.

At the volcano encounter - which Vorilhon thinks inspired Steven Spielberg’s sci-fi films - the Elohim carried him in a spaceship to their planet. There, he pow-wowed with other prophets like Jesus and Mohammed, who will accompany the Elohim back to Earth in the year 2035 — when Vorilhon says technology will allow people to “download their consciousness” to their clones and achieve eternal life.

Just in time to fix the Y2036 problem, yay!

https://web.archive.org/web/20030803215626/http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,404193,00.html

(It’s sad when I searched for a current link to the article, and the top result was my own post to alt.religion.scientology years ago.)

10 Likes

Elohim…Elon… coincidence?

4 Likes

Look, I’m going to go with “Ye tried to post a swastica, because he might as well be a neo nazi”. But if he wanted to “troll the libs” by posting something that looks like a swastica, but isn’t. It’s been done before. Poorly.

2 Likes

But his alien clone has!

7 Likes

I remember seeing that on the side of a building when I visited Toronto in like 1998ish?

Probably right. Or from a google image search for “star of David Swastika”.

3 Likes