Karen Allen recalls filming 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'

For that matter, why did Lao Che have the pilots ditch the airplane over India instead of just circling back for a landing in Shanghai where his gang was already waiting to finish off Dr. Jones with machine guns? Seems like a needlessly elaborate and wasteful way to kill an adversary.

4 Likes

Well yes, but that’s just standard operating procedure for movie villains.

Dr. Evil:
All right guard, begin the unnecessarily slow-moving dipping mechanism.

Dr. Evil:
Close the tank!

Scott Evil:
Wait, aren’t you even going to watch them? They could get away!

Dr. Evil:
No no no, I’m going to leave them alone and not actually witness them dying, I’m just gonna assume it all went to plan. What?

Scott Evil:
I have a gun, in my room, you give me five seconds, I’ll get it, I’ll come back down here, BOOM, I’ll blow their brains out!

Dr. Evil:
Scott, you just don’t get it, do ya? You don’t.

7 Likes

Seems like a needlessly elaborate and wasteful way to kill an adversary.

If movies or tv shows did things in a way that made sense they wouldn’t last 30 minutes to 2 hours.

Space aliens were not so out of place given the movie took place in the 50’s. Plus Cate Blanchet vamping it up is always good, even when the movie isn’t.

Donald Sutherland played Homer Simpson, before there was a Homer Simpson we knew about

2 Likes

There’s something wrong about “What Culture” and “The Big Bang Theory” teaming up to make cultural insights.

1 Like

Well, there is wrong and there is wrong, and equating mentioning story problems in popular films with cultural insights is stretching things a bit anyway. Maybe just let this one slide.

1 Like

Tragic but entirely expected.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.