Karen fails to impress this skateboarder

Originally published at: Karen fails to impress this skateboarder | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Never interfere with a shred, never. Total bogus move Karen.

20 Likes

How do these people not realize everyone has a camera on them?

22 Likes

And through it all, it never appears to penetrate that thick, bleached head that should she succeed in making the gentleman face-plant, her commission of second degree assault is totally captured on video from beginning to end.

31 Likes

It’s “selective reality”, I just may have diagnosed the entire Karen’esk movement, well maybe…

7 Likes

I’ve noticed a very strong “I’m justified in doing something wrong if someone else committed a wrong first” mentality in some people, especially if that first wrong offends them.

She seems to think he shouldn’t skate there, so she can cause him to injure himself because “he was doing something wrong” that annoyed her. It’s a very privileged and abusive perspective to take. “Look what you made me do!”

32 Likes

Not that I have ever skateboarded but, were I that gentleman, I would have been sorely tempted to ‘face-plant’ right on top of her, using her face to break my very heavy fall.

14 Likes

Should be charged. Looks like harassment and endangerment to me.

12 Likes

I’m guessing she never saw “Kids.”

8 Likes

Besides, seem that Karen has a lot of spare time to waste making an idiot of herself.

6 Likes

Karen can’t skate.

F Karen.

14 Likes

She looks very like my sister-in-law.

1 Like

Look at that clueless smug look on her face once the guy relented and popped his board over the bench and she marched off as if to dust off her brave hands.

7 Likes

Given their typical behavior and clearly evident attitudes, Karens (and Kens), may not even care that they’re on camera.

9 Likes

Karens archnemesis

download

56 Likes

20 Likes

When I did my student teaching, the HS let the kids skate during lunch. I thought it was very enlightening.

11 Likes

9 Likes

A lot of times it almost seems like it makes them dig in, like they know they are being embarrassing but then feel like they have to “win” the interaction in order not to lose further face. It’s hard to admit you are being silly and doing it on camera is even harder maybe?

9 Likes

Geeze, the handful of times I’ve gotten cross with a skateboarder because they nearly clipped my shins (like 3 times in the last 30 years), they were always completely apologetic.

5 Likes