Kari Lake is appalled that her opponent Katie Hobbs wears shoes

Originally published at: Kari Lake is appalled that her opponent Katie Hobbs wears shoes | Boing Boing

2 Likes

29 Likes

It’s not like Lake can run on real-world issues and policies.

20 Likes

Apparently, Lake is really out of touch. All the kids are into them. Shoes, that is. The white tennies, especially.

16 Likes

The Kari Lake War Room is apparently populated by 11yos who just discovered some stale Vines.

17 Likes

17 Likes
7 Likes

It was bizarre that they wrote that meme into that movie.

8 Likes

White trainers are on point fashion-wise right now

5 Likes

So Joe Biden is a monster for caring about his son’s well-being in a voicemail, and Katie Hobbs is a monster for wearing comfortable footwear?

Glad to see Republicans are focusing on the truly important things.

15 Likes

Just trying to recapture that golden age when an awkward yell could torpedo a candidacy. /s

8 Likes

I somewhat doubt that Katie Hobbs either recognizes or cares that they’re currently fashionable with the yutes, but it’s always great when someone can back their way into a trend like that.

5 Likes

Oh! Oh! My historian/librarian persona can explain that. Not excuse it, but explain it.

Apparently, according to WASP (White Anglo-saxon Protestant) lore,
You are not supposed to wear white shoes after Labor day!
This is a dog-whistle to WASPS and those who profess to hold WASP values.

Is this ridiculous? Why, yes it is. Please continue to mock this comment. Carry on!

7 Likes

Yeah, like making sure that red carpet is vacuumed spotlessly clean! Priorities.

3 Likes

Just once I’d like to see a politician say “what’s that policy my openent is in favor of?”

And then explain why it won’t work followed by their plan and why it will work. Using some facts and figures would be helpful.

And then the other politician in a respectful way would respond by saying they disagree and this is why my policy is better using some facts and figures.

And then the real fantasy. They talk about how they each have some good points and then compromise and come up with a policy that is best for the country or their state or district.

A guy can dream can’t he?

7 Likes

Serial Mom was the last word on white after Labor Day

5 Likes

they’re good shoes Cori

4 Likes

For an election, shouldn’t they be … running shoes?

17 Likes

joke drums GIF by neomagazinroyale

10 Likes

I keep forgetting, which of the two groups are the snowflakes getting triggered by things that really aren’t a problem?

Is it the righteous right who have issues with shoes and being decent human beings?

Is it the woke left who have issues with systematic discrimination and fascism?

How do we square this circle?!

3 Likes