Karine Jean-Pierre has to school a reporter who thinks Biden should clean up the GOP House mess (video)

Originally published at: Karine Jean-Pierre has to school a reporter who thinks Biden should clean up the GOP House mess (video) | Boing Boing

5 Likes

No adults in the room and the clock is still ticking towards a shut down…

Trying to blame the Democrats isn’t helping.

20 Likes

‘Cuz isn’t that how it always goes? The Republicans fuck it up, the Democrats clean it up.

I’m sure there is utter shock that the Dems aren’t going to clean up the mess this time.

23 Likes

Yep. I can picture it…

It was Joe Biden who was president when the House went off the cliff.

(Midjourney will have fun with that one)

16 Likes

If people want Democrats to fix it then the first step is to give Democrats a majority of seats in the House of Representatives.

32 Likes

does anyone know who the reporter is?

2 Likes

AOC was recently making the point that Republican “bomb throwing” has gotten worse precisely because the Democrats were always there to clean things up. It’s hard to argue against. It was a pretty good argument against the Dems cleaning things up this time.

30 Likes

I agree with her.

15 Likes

What is Trump doing to clean up the GOP House mess?

5 Likes

What Are You Talking About Harrison Ford GIF by Star Wars

Who do you think is the primary architect of this chaos?

9 Likes

“How dare the Democrats have shit my pants!”

19 Likes

It’s a stupid question but I can hear the frustration in his voice and get where he’s coming from-- even if Biden OFFERS to help them there’d be cries of “interference” and “separation of powers”, and the feral members of the GOP would pounce on whoever got the speakership anyway as some kind of sell-out.

As the adult in the room the best thing Biden can do is let them learn from the mess they made. If they end up destroying their own party ouroboros-style that’s a net win for the country.

Adding “/s” was probably in order.

13 Likes

I thought that one of the issues some House Republicans had with McCarthy is that he cut a deal with Biden earlier in the year in order to pass legislation, so…

3 Likes

“Some day, you’ll thank me for this.” :grin:

5 Likes

Can’t someone please Darth Vader this deal for us, again?
This AI [It’s on a laptop…] would like to be House Speaker, so please this Congress… [Biden drops the mic.]

2 Likes

It’s been this way since Reagan was President. 42 years of “cleanup crew”. The GOP should’ve been left to “hang out to dry” in 1993, at the latest. Better late than never, I suppose, but really no time like the present. :+1:

19 Likes

Someone who didn’t take an elementary school civics class or watch Schoolhouse Rock as a child.

15 Likes

Yeah, isn’t he Super-Secret-President-For-Life?

7 Likes

“and get their… and get their…”

You just KNOW she was dying to say “…shit together.”

5 Likes

Seems pretty clear to me that’s the message.

It only takes 5 Republicans who are on the left side of the GOP, tired of the disfunction, fed up with being held hostage by the far right. Switch to Independent and caucus with the Democrats. Become the majority, solve the problem. Play the same role as the far right Republicans to the Democrats instead.

7 Likes