Kasich quits Republican race

Hillary just released a new anti-Trump ad… which is composed entirely from footage of Republican politicians saying what a terrible person he is.

16 Likes

Na Na Na nose hairs, Sir!

1 Like

You’ll need a Secretary Of Partying Down in your cabinet. Might I respectfully nominate myself.

5 Likes

Well fuck…this ain’t good.

2 Likes

That photo of Kasich. . . .

There’s a line from “Slaughterhouse 5” where Billy Pilgrim is describing one of his fellow G.I.s who is always bundled up in cold weather gear, in a helmet, with a scarf around his face. He never sees the guy’s face, but he imagines it looks like a toad stuffed into a fishbowl.

4 Likes

He outlasted Cruz, so I declare victory in the prediction department: Trump & Kasich at the end.

So much voter suppression and attempts at fraud in the election to come.

2 Likes

Ultimately, that video’s just going to help him as much as the speeches where those segments were originally recorded from.

2 Likes

“The country is broken!”

“That’s okay, we have duct tape!

7 Likes

It would be the best 'stache in the White house since Teddy, for sure.

3 Likes

The only one since Teddy^WTaft.

And people wonder why this country is in this handbasket, and where is it even going.

I mean, eff el ay and all but you gotta respect Vin Scully:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/vin-scully-researched-beards-and-his-lecture-was-brilliant-163006843.html

Who else could deliver a homily on facial hair while still calling play-by-play?

ETA: I’m surprised he didn’t get into Steinbrenner’s notorious aversion to facial hair on players, nor Rollie Fingers’ reply to the Reds’ moustache policy: “Well, you tell Marge Schott to shave her Saint Bernard, and I’ll shave my moustache.”

EATA: I really hope “Saint Bernard” was not a euphemism.

EAATA:

2 Likes

From the accompanying text:
“It’s harsh. Mitt Romney calls Trump a misogynist, Marco Rubio claims he’s the most “vulgar person to ever aspire to the presidency,” and Jeb Bush says Trump needs therapy”

Romney is a Mormon, a thoroughly misogynist religion; Rubio makes below-the-belt attacks on Obama and Jeb has GWB for a brother. So at least they all know what they are talking about, from experience.

6 Likes

From Wikipedia:

“Schott was the target of frequent criticism for allegedly allowing her ever-present St. Bernards, Schottzie and Schottzie 02, near complete free rein of Riverfront Stadium, including their defecating on the field”

Not a euphemism then, but unlike you I slightly wish it had been, even if the image conjured up needs welding goggles for safe viewing.

2 Likes

Something something “bitch” then?

ETA: I have nothing bad to say about St. Bernards, except that the thing about the little barrel of whiskey is a myth. Bring me whiskey, you big galoomphing drooly monster dogs! Then I will somehow find yet another level to love you on.

1 Like

Now, as long as Hilary Clinton doesn’t quit the race things should be OK

1 Like

Pollsters on election day will be asking, “Did you vote against Trump or did you vote against Clinton?”

6 Likes

OT but have you visited the St. Bernard Pass? The monks now use helicopters, and some of their dogs wouldn’t have fitted into them. Big enormous.

4 Likes

Victorious politicians always seems to speak of having a “mandate from the people”; almost as though they don’t realise few people actually voted “for” them.

4 Likes

They need a Cockpitbull Dog

3 Likes

Adam and Grant, sure.

But do not give the button to a walrus.

5 Likes

Someone must have let Kasich in on the fact that he was running 4th in a two man race.

2 Likes