Kavanaugh faces gang rape claims. Third woman “witness and victim” to be revealed, Avenatti says

Truly - the most important thing when a potential Supreme Court Justice is credibly accused of three (and counting- who knows how many more may be brought to light?) sexual assaults - is whether you like on of the victims Attorney’s.

Move along- nothing to see here.

16 Likes

With so many credible allegations- what happens if one files for a disciplinary hearing and this guy gets debarred as an attorney? Does he continue to serve as a judge without a law license?

6 Likes

Is that an actual headline?

I do wish that this woman had chosen some other lawyer. Or that Avenetti referred her to another lawyer, because the fact that he is already in a fight with the Trump administration just plays into the “liberal conspiracy” trope.

2 Likes

Guessing that he has ad posters on park benches all over DC now.

1 Like

It’d be good if Avenetti had referred her elsewhere, but if that had happened, they would still say it was all orchestrated by Avenetti. My guess is that she didn’t want to shop her story around too much for fear of it leaking, and there’s not that many attorneys who are known for being competent, willing to take on a case like this, and possibly working for free or a reduced fee. Be interesting to eventually hear why she chose him.

1 Like

All I can say is Avenetti’s case better be spot on and buttoned up. Anything false within these claims could potentially sink the entire ship. It shouldn’t, but alas that is how these things seem to go.

Just be sure and have all your facts and figures in order Avenetti.

3 Likes

In any other time in the history of this nation, this man would have either stepped down or already been removed from consideraton. But we’re living in Bizzaro world. This guy has enough accusations, if even one is true it should be enough to keep him off SCOTUS. And what about him lying to Congress? Nobody even mentions that. Seriously? This guy may become our next justice in the highest court in the nation. Put there by people who through their whole careers have touted the moral high ground, the ‘family first’ and ‘compassionate conservative’ monikers. I see scum like Hatch and Grassely and I wonder how can they sleep at night? Do they sleep? Grassley looks like a fucking demon. Does he eat? I mean other than children’s souls?

5 Likes

Me neither. Why would any of these women get involved with him, when there are so many better options for representation? All the lawyers moving in that circle are on the take, finding women who’ve slept with wealthy men, then negotiating settlements for them where everyone gets paid. It’s literally an industry.

All these claims of sexual assault aside, why can’t we move beyond the prep school crowd to run this country? They suck so bad! I was surprised to learn that Gorsuch went to the same prep school as Kavanaugh. FFS, there are 330 million of us! Can’t we cast the net a little wider?

In any other time in history, things like this were hushed up. Clarence Thomas is the first time I remember something like this really blowing up and taking on a life of its own.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t put it past him to be cold calling women that graduated from DC area prep schools in the early 80s. I’m guessing that he woulldn’t be the only one at this point.

3 Likes

Probably because he has a proven track record representing women against powerful and abusive men?

He might come off as a skeezy guy but he seems to know what he’s doing.

12 Likes

THIS. Because honestly his commentary should be “I am withdrawing my name from consideration to focus on the defense of my character and integrity. While I know I am innocent here, the American people deserve a SC judge who can focus on serving them on the judiciary; not someone fighting to preserve their integrity.”

Or something to that effect if he truly feels he is innocent.

But yeah…that won’t happen because he has NO integrity.

4 Likes

Hah. Has Kavanaugh not seen Revenge of the Nerds?

I’m aware it’s not a documentary, but really, anyone can “do rapey stuff” if they have the idea and desire to carry out the idea, no matter what condition their v-card is in.

The fact that a judge is putting forth that position is fucking scary.

“Why… he couldn’t have POSSIBLY raped that girl! He was a virgin before he started! Case dismissed.”

ETA Drats! Fooled by a modified screengrab.

4 Likes

Definitely comes off as a skeezy guy. His track record is only representing one woman’s attempt to get out of a bogus NDA, and he hasn’t succeeded yet. It’s just a track record, it’s not proven. So far he’s just made a lot of noise. He has been involved in quite a lot of successful multimillion dollar cases in the past, but they all seem to be corporate cases. His law firm went bankrupt last year after a private investigator billed him $28K.

From Wikipedia:

In 2018, Avenatti’s law firm was subjected to a $10 million judgment in U.S. bankruptcy court.[47] Avenatti has also defaulted on a $440,000 judgment in back taxes, penalties, and interest that he was personally obligated to pay under another bankruptcy settlement. The U.S. Attorney’s office asserted in court that a motion seeking payment would soon be filed against Avenatti.[47]Eagan Avenatti had been in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings and, in December 2017, had agreed to pay $4.8 million in unpaid fees to a former partner, $2 million in back taxes, and $1 million to other creditors.[48] In June 2018, the former partner filed a motion in U.S. bankruptcy court asking for a lien on any and all legal fees Avenatti’s firm might collect, up to $10 million, from clients in 54 cases including his representation of Stormy Daniels.

I submit to you that he is at this point an opportunistic parasite, not a champion of the downtrodden. He doesn’t stand to make anything from his pending legal cases. They’re just a vehicle for him to remain relevant in the public eye, and he has no incentive to successfully conclude them.

But speaking of track records, did you know he’s also a racecar driver? But he hasn’t won anything there, either.

I submit to you that if he had a significant profit motive for arguing these cases then people would be using THAT as proof that he’s an opportunistic parasite.

Which he may well be. I don’t know. What I do know is that he has the willingness, the resources and the experience to go after the Trump administration, which is more than most lawyers can currently claim.

6 Likes

actually…I would argue he has seen Revenge of the Nerds, and he views reality it as it is implied in the context of the movie…He does said rapey thing and she likes it in the end.

mores the pity.

3 Likes

I think the guy is perfect for this type of case. He’s intelligent, he knows the law, he’s a legal pitt bull and he has trump and his minions running scared. Why is anyone questioning the guy who is trying to take down the multiple proven offender? It has been proven that Kavanaugh has lied multiple times in Congressional hearings. That alone should automatically disqualify him. And if he didn’t step down, the President should pull his nomination. Its a cauldron of lies, piss and scandal. And you don’t trust Avenatti?

1 Like

I agree with you. Someone’s got to do it. I just feel very strongly that there are more capable people who truly have their clients’ interests at heart.

I will also concede this: Avenatti and other lawyers sued Trump and Mark Burnett in 2006 over idea-theft by The Apprentice tv show, and the case was settled for undisclosed terms. So he has a proven track record of extracting concessions from Trump, at least. And he’s not just a settlement artist; he’s been on legal teams that have won very large amounts in jury trials.

4 Likes

Think of it this way: if you suddenly found yourself in need of an attorney to represent your interests in a showdown against the Trump administration, would you spend a lot of your own time and money shopping around for someone willing to take on the challenge or would you accept the pro-bono services of an attorney who had already proven his ability to do so with another client?

7 Likes