'Keep America Great' is apparently Trump's new campaign slogan

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/18/keep-america-great-is-appa.html

2 Likes

If there were some way for them to experience it in an isolated instance, without the risk to bystanders, I’d be of the opinion that anyone who mistakes the present for greatness might well deserve another dose of it.

Unfortunately, reality seems to be at least consistent enough to generally imply collateral damage, though often not consensus.

1 Like

Weren’t there reports a while ago that Trump wasn’t really planning on doing much live campaigning because he was too tired, or something?

KAG, Keep America Great

I smell new hats for sale!

:money_with_wings:

11 Likes

Trump supporters gaggling in Orlando:

human-pigeons8

2 Likes

ABACAB MAGAKAG

5 Likes

tumblr_pt69v333u61y1iy7lo1_540

8 Likes

To paraphrase Jack Nicholson’s character, “what if this is as great as it gets?”

9 Likes

Okay can someone more clever than me make this a catchy meme:

kag

verb (used with object) – kag, [kagged], kag down.

1. to eat or drink something reluctantly

2. to consume with disdain or disgust; to choke down

“Bro, there’s still like [half a beer] left! You gotta kag it down!”

“I had to kag down the rest of those chicken nuggets cuz they got cold.”

8 Likes

Steal from the best: Bill Clinton used the phrase “Make America great again” in the speech when he announced his run for president, October 3, 1991.

2 Likes

Is the implication that he’s succeded in “Making America great again” in term 1?

It’s complete and total bullshit, but I suspect that it’s the cotton candy/greasy McDonald hamburder flavored shit that his rabid followers so ardently suck directly from the tap every day.

There are going to be more red hats sold aren’t there…?

10 Likes

And let’s not forget Senator Steven Armstrong who made memorable private use of the phrase. His platform of radical individual empowerment coupled with a transitional phase of heavy subsidies to arms manufacturers could have united the major factions of the Republican base. Sadly his tragic death in Pakistan put him out of the running for the 2020 election.

He loves those Ks.

I haven’t it seen yet, but we’re unavoidably going to see a lot of KKKAG references.

11 Likes

Keep Amerika Great is a great phrase for his base, It’s short , it’s meaningless, and just about the right length for trumpoids to remember…if they wear the cap…if they can read.

Well certainly someone in his campaign will have pointed out that if we ran on MAGA last time and do it again this time, someone is going to point out that means we accept we didn’t make America great again.

And while another politican might well be able to say “I would have done if it weren’t for [insert horrible things done by political opponents]. Vote for me so we can finish the job”, I think Trump would struggle to stick with that message.

He’d insist on also claiming to have actually made America great again because he always succeeds at everything.

5 Likes

Surely the meaning is perfectly clear. Trump has (supposedly) made America great again, and it won’t stay great without him.

2 Likes

I kagged on a bit of rotten apple earlier and now I’m kagging on Trumpty’s latest incoherent rant.

3 Likes

Hum…I’m gonna have to check my definition of great . I must be missing something. Those trumproids know all kind of stuff.

1 Like

My favorite part is where he said the left wants to destroy America.

It’s not exactly new. The Trump campaign decided on that slogan before Trump was inaugurated as President.

1 Like