Kelly Loeffler drops her objection

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/06/kelly-loeffler-drops-her-objection.html

6 Likes

Too little, too late, as usual. Meanwhile the WNBA wants her out too.

Let’s see who the diehards are. Hawley and Cruz are my guesses for last rats on the sinking ship, but both could punk out at the last minutes like Loeffler just did.

ETA:

31 Likes

Maybe she sees the writing on the wall. She is rich, and will never see hard times in her life, but her current lifestyle is undeniably better than Club Fed.

12 Likes

How is Loeffler even still in the Senate? Didn’t her term end on Sunday?

21 Likes

so fetch mean girls GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

15 Likes

It’s better than nothing, I guess? But… barely?

5 Likes

Perhaps others as well

27 Likes

“Ooops, I was fine with undermining democracy for my own craven political maneuvering, but now I’m implicated in violent sedition, so I’m just going to try to back out of this.”

Still, it’s better than all the Republicans responding to this situation by blaming… Democrats for this mess. Ted Cruz has been particularly, repeatedly, punchable in his responses, being positively outraged that his sedition is being called out, accusing Democrats of dividing America. Ari Fleischer had the unmitigated gall to blame Democrats for causing this by “violating norms” - by not going to Trump’s inauguration!

36 Likes

Well, that is his normal state. He is cursed with RPF.

12 Likes

Now_A_Warning

7 Likes

Also don’t forget she just lost an election. She joins the growing ranks of ex GOP politicians who find the “courage” to speak out after they leave office and are trying to burnish their credentials for the private sector. So yeah. Better than not but I am not impressed.

19 Likes

Yeah, her craven political maneuvering and being associated with an armed insurrection plot gain her absolutely nothing.

14 Likes

Now craven political maneuvering plus the ability to reorient your “beliefs” at a moment’s notice based on what is absolutely convenient. That is what really brings the sweet lobbyists and boards of directors dollars.

9 Likes

Perdue’s term ended on Sunday, after serving a full six years. Loeffler remains a Senator until Warnock’s victory is certified and he is sworn in. His first term then concludes in January 2023.

Edit: First term. Hopefully he wins re-election and serves for many years.

18 Likes

I think Perdue is out but Loeffler stays until a winner is decided and sworn in?

But I LOVE the mean girls meme posted by @curlz813. It seems appropriate. :laughing: (A little levity on the effed up day.)

12 Likes

Lindsay Graham is speaking full throatedly and rather floridly now in support of moving on to certify Biden’s win. I guess he too is tired of the taste of Tromp-ass.

18 Likes

It’s just an attempt to save his fat arse. His Senate career is all he has, and his lip service to liberal democracy rings hollow after four years of rimming Biff.

24 Likes

Still, my jaw hit the floor when I saw his vociferous proclamation that enough is enough. I never thought I’d agree with words coming out of his mouth (at least post-blackmail or… whatever his 180 was in 2016).

5 Likes

Empty words, all of them. I think part of him just wants the kompromat to be released and end his agony one way or the other.

17 Likes

Yep. Graham is full of shit.

May he be another bump under the trump bus.

19 Likes