Kellyanne Conway used to disapprove of Trump

It shows you the danger of just saying things that aren’t true

Err…

1 Like

That’ll show those liberals.

6 Likes

Boom! Mic drop! What now, libruls?

4 Likes

I assume she’s playing a long game on behalf of the Christian right. Their angle is that if you’re desperate enough to believe something – in this case, that Hell awaits people like Conway – you might just give in and believe it without any other reason.

3 Likes

I think it’s called sociopathy.

Conway seems to subscribe to a kind of transactional reality, where she’ll say whatever the person paying her expects her to say. Her beliefs don’t factor into any of the decisions she makes, because it’s just a job to her. She was being paid to be against Bumpus, so she was. She had no problem being hired by Bumpus because she never had an underlying personal belief in how wretched he was. Now she works for him, and he expects to be praised, so she does.

If someone paid her enough, she’d go on national television and tell Lester Holt with a straight face that the sky was green, that those are just the facts as she sees them, and that she doesn’t understand why we’re still even talking about the blueness of the sky anyway. People like Conway are actually worse than the true believers, IMO, because they’re demonstrably willing to destroy society as long as the pay is better.

14 Likes

I think he wants to make them subpoena him so that his testimony is public and on the record; at least that’s what I read somewhere…

4 Likes

I used to think Sarah Palin was the epidome of useless information, but true to the “drill baby, drill” mantra they have found a way to go deeper than rock bottom with Conway.

There is no one I will ignore faster than that woman. There is absolutely nothing to be learned from her. She exists only to fill up air time with utter meaninglessness. She is a human homage to the abyss.

4 Likes

They initially asked him in for a closed-door session and he refused the request (with the caveat that he’d be happy to attend a public one). I don’t love the dude and I’m sure he feels at least a smidge of motivation to retaliate, but it’s a solid move for transparency at a frustratingly opaque time.

8 Likes

6 Likes
14 Likes

she’ll represent the best argument against hiring her in the future

That’s already happening, to some degree. Morning Joe, for example, won’t have her on any more, and Anderson Cooper only seems to be in it for the yucks now.

4 Likes

Stand-up comedy?

4 Likes

15 Likes

And at the same time I wonder why people waste any efforts bemoaning things she says.

1 Like

I think this is just another example of privilege, really. I mean, honestly, for people like Conway, the world doesn’t change much regardless of who the President is or which party controls Congress or the Supreme Court. As long as North Korea doesn’t start a nuclear apocalypse, she’ll be rich regardless of anything else, and even then she might be fine. Or, at the very least, that’s how she sees the world. So, none of this is real to these people. It’s literally a game, or a sport. She started on team Cruz, but when they missed the playoffs, she signed as a free agent with team Trump. If she thinks that team is about to get hit with the equivalent of the NCAA death penalty, she’ll probably just restart her polling team for awhile before signing with team Cruz again, or maybe team Rubio, or someone who isn’t on my radar yet.

3 Likes
15 Likes

One of their finest episodes.

This. Perhaps the single most destructive element of our current discourse is this juvenile sense of polarity.

8 Likes

Indeed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.