Kellyanne Conway's talked about the "Bowling Green massacre" before

She’ll pull a Reagan:

“A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that’s true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not.”

15 Likes

You give her far too much credit; everyone has a breaking point, especially if you keep chipping away at them.

But when I tell the fellas at the country club that I was passed over for promotion only because of “reverse-bigotism” it just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

3 Likes

This is a very minor thing but…

Was this fake Bowling Green Massattack only staged against the brave soldiers? Did they deviously infiltrate the military, secretly grading all of the soldiers on their bravery spending long nights crossing names of the list of targets?

“No, Ackbar! I have seen a video about this man. He did not save the kitten from the tree. He was just walking by and the cat fell on his head. Cross him off the list! He is NOT brave!”

I really hate deliberately manipulative language…

6 Likes

Well skin me and run me up the mountain the lying cunt

Or ‘xenophobic’.

1 Like

My impression is bigots don’t get as offended when you call them bigots as when you call them racist, homophobic, misogynistic, transphobic, etc. It may still be the right word but I feel like they don’t care about the word or don’t think it matters.

There are some folks out there who would rather not be considered racist … They’d just rather a little harder it didn’t involve any change or effort on their part.

4 Likes

I think the specificity of the charge gives them the idea that they can weasel out of it with an argument. With “bigot”, they often respond, “well, if saying (minimised restatement of their bigotry) makes me a bigot, then so be it.” In my experience, it’s the only way to get them to approach the concept in any kind of honest way.

4 Likes

I used to live in a dystopian fiction where people argued like her, and the background soundtrack generally featured the sounds of razors on mirrors and people flicking lighters then exhaling clouds of acrid smoke. I recoil in horror when I see her on the TV, because I get flashbacks and have to reassure myself that I don’t have a bottle of 100 proof Stoli at hand. The way she effortlessly twists the natural meaning of words and subverts logic, the way she is able to completely pivot from one point to something else unrelated and blame you for making it happen? Yeah, she’s something straight out of A Scanner Darkly.

4 Likes

Fool me twice?

5 Likes

“Innocent soldiers”?!
Like vampires and unicorns, the terrorists are only interested in the blood of virgins.

5 Likes

I am no Kellyanne Conway fan but let’s drop the sexist epithets. Calling her the C-word is as unhelpful as calling Ben Carson the N-word.

20 Likes

Never Remember!

1 Like

In the strictest sense, yes, but in a greater sense, bearing hatred and prejudice against Islam could be a form of racism because it’s a religion practiced predominantly by people of color. When racists see a person of apparently Middle Eastern descent, they’ll likely conclude that they’re a Muslim and vice versa, if they hear someone is a Muslim, they’ll imagine that the person is of Middle Eastern descent.

7 Likes

Maybe funnier if you used a fictional massacre as a basis for that photoshop, or at least one where none of the people involved were still living.

9 Likes

That would be true if racists were always logical. But many racists have a problem with Muslims because they’re often brown people. It’s not logical, but it is racist.

Just like many racists also have problems with Mexicans because they’re often brown people. Sure, Mexico is a nation - but a lot of people are racist towards Mexicans.

3 Likes

That makes sense as you still have a soul. I believe her soul came due some time ago and was repossessed.

6 Likes

Fool me—you can’t get fooled again!

6 Likes

I kinda feel that way about anyone who is working closely with 45 of their own free will & volition.

6 Likes

Asked specifically where she got her information about the men joining ISIS and going back to the Middle East for training, she said, “I know when they were radicalized and received a briefing.”

Asked again about her claim that the men went back to the Middle East and why that wasn’t in court documents, she said she couldn’t answer that.

It was an absolutely top-notch intelligence briefing. The best security clearance, the highest.

4 Likes