Kellyanne Conyway quitting the White House; George Conway quitting The Lincoln Project

I feel sorry for this kid and hope she gets the things she needs. Either from family or from other supports.

16 Likes

Or else she’s this season’s new twist. The Conways are our political Kardashians. Both elder Conways were fading into their respective organizations. Claudia freshens things up and keeps them all relevant.

8 Likes

Public Schools in Fairfax County, Virginia and Montgomery County, Maryland, two of the main counties feeding into DC, are on distance learning the first semester (until about Jan 31, 2021). I don’t know if distance learning also applies to private schools, and don’t know if she is in a private school The privates would only have to follow social distancing mandates, but not the local district distance learning rules.

3 Likes

Kellyanne is going to be shocked that she can’t use the Chewbacca Defence & Gish Gallop while at family counseling.

8 Likes

Just shows that all this shitshow does is destroy our children.

We don’t own the future, OUR CHILDREN DO.

11 Likes

Usually a familial f*ckup of this magnitude is reserved by both wings of the “party of family values” for the “undeserving”. Fitting that when you have two parents publicly playing both sides of a power struggle within this rotten party one of the kids is going to find it so repugnant that she requests emancipation. I can only add one word of encouragement for Claudia: run.

If the public schools there are on distance learning, most reputable private schools will be, too – they don’t want to risk a lawsuit. While I don’t know where these kids go, a couple like the Conways aren’t going to send them to some loony Xtianist academy that thinks COVID is a hoax – that’s for the suckers in the base.

13 Likes

There has never been any doubt that Kellyanne is a smart political operative. And no one would wish to be part of a family in which lying and the exploitation of political division is a daily event, so I hope that the teens get some time out of the spotlight.

My bet is that Kellyanne is getting out while the getting is good, and she can try to escape the stench of a huge political loss for her boss. She can read the polls. Oh yeah, and fuck her for enabling this sick administration for 4 years. The next two months will be an all new level of insanity from Trump, as he ratchets the levels of grievance and racial hatred to 11.

17 Likes

I mean, really, who cares? Lifestyles of the Rich and Repugnant.

They will just end up writing a book, making lots more money, and feeling important for a couple of years as pundits on Fox News. Karen and He-Karen, on a national scale.

11 Likes

If Claudia Conway is serious about an emancipation, then wouldn’t her parents’ financial records become public domain? That might be something neither party wants.

I feel bad for her.

7 Likes

Dang it Kellyanne, a few weeks earlier and you could have spoken at the DNC.

4 Likes

21 Likes

I have a hard time believing those two horrible people would do ANYTHING on the up-and-up.

This is just another manuever to keep the crazy gravytrain money flowing in, this time aiming for the “oh, aren’t they just wonderful parents, sacrificing their professions for the sake of their children” bonus meme.

6 Likes

When you take into account the utter shamelessness and amorality of both of these people, whatever it is that they’re trying to get out in front of must be…unpleasant.

10 Likes

The sex has got to be out of this world. Like when an unstoppable force hits an immovable object.

Sex like a Venus probe: a lifespan of minutes in an oppressive, noxious atmosphere?

12 Likes

I was thinking more like the interaction between matter and antimatter.

1 Like

I think neither of them matter. YMMV. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Nobody wants that. Nobody.

1 Like

This looks like one of those rare cases where the people quitting their position to spend more time with their family really are doing it to spend more time with their family.

Let’s hope they can find a good resolution to the whole thing.

2 Likes

Just remember to keep the all the plague rats’ heads underwater before they reach the shore.

Fortunately, I’m sure the press won’t let us down on this…

Eschaton

Monday, August 24, 2020

Bye Kellyanne

And shame on any of you liberals for saying anything bad about this person who lied in support of an administration that has caused immense death and misery, facilitated child rape and a lifetime of trauma for thousands at least! She has been having family problems - have some sympathy you heartless jerks! - and while we all like the kayfabe on tv of calling out her lies, she was an invaluable source to us, and Journalistic Ethics never allowed us to point out that she contradicted privately what she told you publicly! We will do everything we can to promote her inevitable book, which will give us massive scoops like, “Trump is a big dumb asshole evil liar.” Who knew? Surely not us journalists! BREAKING BREAKING BREAKING

Atrios at 08:30

Also, paging @beschizza: there is something wrong with the picture in this article, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

16 Likes