Kellyanne Conyway quitting the White House; George Conway quitting The Lincoln Project

this is my take, too: Kellyanne checks her calendar and thinks, “hmm, two months until the election? time to bail on this sinking ship and find a new job before the shit hits the fan!”

8 Likes

I think you’ll get it when you put your mouth where your eyes should be.

5 Likes

Plus the inevitable book!

2 Likes

Translation: Spending time with their family = working on competing book deals.
In a week or two, you’ll hear the announcement, I predict.

Who wants to read tell all books written by human trolls?

At least their cover story is they care about their kids. Their kids can take comfort in that.
The nation’s kids and all those kids held hostage by ICE? Not so much.

10 Likes

Between nature and nurture, what are the odds that Kellyanne Jr. is in on the next phase of their scam?

Eschaton

Monday, August 24, 2020

We’ve Got To Fulfill The Book

Kellyanne’s gonna have a primetime MSNBC show and be a proud leader of the resistance against President Cotton in 2025.

Atrios at 10:00

5 Likes

First Trump’s Black Friend dies of Covid from a Trump rally, now his Woman Friend is bailing after sacrificing her family, her reputation and her soul to the altar of the Orange God-King.

No wonder the RNC speaker lineup is mostly comprised of Trump’s own family.

8 Likes

19 Likes

Actual reason, looks like trump is going to lose, and KellyAnn does not want to be on board for that.

For hubby, looks like trump is going to lose, and so his job is done there.

9 Likes

Many of the private schools are virtual for much less time, or hybrid. On the MD side there was a fight between the state and county on what rules could be dictated for private schools and if the county heath department was overstepping it’s bounds.

On the practical aspects, the private schools have more money and less students. They’re better able to distance, reduce class size, add teachers, or generally implement other precautions to limit interactions and exposures. Time will tell if it works out or not.

3 Likes

Coming this fall… Keeping Kurrent With The Konways!

12 Likes

What you did there. I see it.

And it’s good.

5 Likes

I care. As a competent and conscienceless political operative, Kellyanne was one of the (in my mind) bigger dangers in this current administration. Good riddance.

6 Likes

Hey, “free” online K-12 schooling is available nationwide
Oh, and it’s only free if you do all the helping and paperwork yourself. Of course if you can afford it, you can buy a system of binders with all the paperwork printed out and ready to be filled in.
And tutors are available, if you have money.
And childcare is available, if you have money.

OK, so it is

8 Likes

In other words, she’s been too busy to notice her daughter’s been airing their dirty laundry on social media, and so needs to be there to crack down on posting help with schooling.

9 Likes

No, family court has confidentiality requirements. Frankly this is a matter between the Conways, and we should butt out.

2 Likes

They couldn’t POSSIBLY be attention whores

2 Likes

So the latest RNC speaker schedule still has Kellyanne on the lineup. It’s going to be interesting to find out if she can hold it together long enough to deliver that one last set of lies on her way out the door, especially given that her currently-seeking-emancipation daughter Claudia said she’s “devastated” by it.

7 Likes

Coming from a 15-year-old, that reads to me as Claudia being the victim of a major lie and betrayal. Probably something like a mom telling her estranged kid “You’re important to me. I promise, I’m all the way out and coming home to see if we can work this out as a family” and then staying in for one last moment of attention. Whatever happened, one thing I’m sure of is that Kellyanne’s kingdom of “alternative facts” extended from the White House into her own house.

2 Likes

Don’t think of Kellyanne’s slavish dedication to the Trump clan over her own husband and children as a betrayal. Think of it as an “alternative family.”

6 Likes

Kind of like Coraline

4 Likes