Kelsey Grammer owns a Christian-themed brewery in the Catskills

5wz83r

6 Likes

Sounds like a good tax shelter for a rich actor.

4 Likes

He says he’s a reformed alcoholic.

I started drinking at 15, hardcore alcoholic by age 17 quit completely shortly after my 21st birthday a year after my daughter was born. If I hadn’t I would not be here or I would have killed someone because I drove drunk a lot.

I tended bar for and helped a buddy set up and open a bar several years after I quit drinking. I buy wine and fancy liquor for freinds at Christmas time. My daughter wanted a dry wedding out of respect for me, I told her not a chance. I don’t see myself ever drinking again, well maybe if they tell me I have a terminal illness.

Point is, I have a serious problem with alcohol, many other people do not. I’m not defending his choice in using Jesus as an unpaid spokesman though.

3 Likes

Christian themed…
so cultural genocide as an aesthetic choice?

Looks up Christian wine

That’s not what I think of when I ask “What would Jesus do?”

8 Likes

Let me know when you start a church.

I am so there.

4 Likes

Worship is like daily at my very own Whiskey bar, attendance is optional, imbibing is mandatory.

4 Likes

Sounds like an opportunity for someone to move in across the street…

3 Likes

Please tell me What Would Jesus Drink doesn’t show up on anyone’s label.

There are some Bavarian monks who’d like a word with you…

2 Likes

But through the power of God can walk anyway! :open_mouth:

There’s a joke in there about low production costs (see: water into wine), but I’m too tired today to try and find it.

Maybe this a thing where you’re supposed to have faith in order to find the beer?

Even Blind Faith can find a nut every once in a while?

Step 1:

original

1 Like

Kelsey Grammer was a very not-good Celebrity Jeopardy player.

That’s all I got.

Wil Wheaton is also an alcoholic in recovery who has been sober several years now, and he still has his name associated with a craft beer, Stone Farking Wheaton W00tstout. I am a recovering alcoholic who hasn’t had a drink since 2006, but I keep cooking wine in the house, and I have bought wine for friends as housewarming gifts. Alcohol itself is not an evil thing, and most people can consume it without any problems. Roughly 10% of us, give or take, cannot. I recognize that the problem is with me (not as in it’s my fault, but it’s a condition I have) and not with the alcohol, so I don’t have an issue with someone like Grammer or Wheaton having their names attached to alcoholic beverages, especially when, as in Wheaton’s case, that association predated them discovering they were an alcoholic. It doesn’t make them a hypocrite. In fact, the recovering alcoholic who goes on to demonize the existence of alcohol after getting sober drives me nuts.

12 Likes

The Stryper of beers.

4 Likes

The fact that it’s beer and not sherry shows someone in his personal marketing department was sleeping on the job.

1 Like

Literally the thing that I associate Grammer with, besides his own show, is that he was due to do a Frasier/Star Trek mashup on the Trek 30th anniversary special, but had to skip out on it because he was in rehab after a drunk driving accident. (But this is Jesus beer, so I guess it’s OK. /s)

Three beers, none highly rated.

Looking at the spread of ratings nobody is rating any of them above a 4.0 . I guess I’ll be skipping these.

1 Like