Kentucky court clerk jailed until agreeing to do her job or quit it

Well ironically (for her), it was about divorce.

1 Like

Nice little earner, than, sewing up an $80K pa job for three generations. Bet that goes a long way in rural KY too.

2 Likes

Yep, or somehow coerced to quit. There is no firing elected officials in most states. But you know: to hell with her. She’s a bigot.

Jesus is now just another euphemism for “whatever the fuck my church tells me to believe.”

3 Likes

Also “Whatever the fuck I wish to believe, damn the doctrine.”

3 Likes

She’s awesome because she’s so full of fail.

1 Like

So you’re saying Jesus means “whatever”?

Jesus.

3 Likes

Whatever.

5 Likes
8 Likes

I am impressed that she managed to find 5 local citizens who were not blood relatives in some way.

4 Likes

A classic. My United States of Jesus.

1 Like

Sounds like her office is overstaffed by 2 then.

2 Likes

As I understand it (correct me if I’m wrong here) she was keeping the other deputies in her office from issuing licenses also, which means this isn’t about her own conscience, it was about enforcing her own religious beliefs on others.

13 Likes

Yeah, I dunno, the inbred stuff is sort of tired, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Precisely. I’m sure they were actually relieved to be able to tell the judge that they’d actually do their jobs.

3 Likes

Come on - they read it! And in the original English, too!

6 Likes

Bad apples don’t fall far from bad trees?

Maybe it’s time to end this clerk dynasty Kenfucky…

2 Likes

It’s funny, a lot of people/corporations take careful note of how the constitution supports their views, without noticing that other people are also protected, who don’t share their views.

Yeah. Iran’s loophole baffles me a bit. It’s not okay to disobey allah, but it’s cool to reject the body and genitals he decided to give you? That doesn’t really make sense now does it? I mean which is worse, not agreeing with a rule, or saying “you did a shit job making me, and I don’t want what you’ve given me.” At least that’s how I saw the concept of transgender when I was still a fundie.

3 Likes

My favorite thing about this story?

In a relatively short time in our history marriage equality went from being an issue that divided gay activists to one that divided mainstream liberals, then divided the Democrats from Republicans, and is now finally at the point where it [divides neoconservative Republican Presidential candidates.][1]

Even people like Lindsey Graham, Carly Fiorina and Donald Trump don’t want to go to bat for people like this woman anymore. Compare this to the Bush years when the threat of gay marriage was deemed such a national emergency that Republicans were pushing for a Constitutional Amendment to stop it.
[1]: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/04/us-usa-gaymarriage-kentucky-election-idUSKCN0R32IZ20150904

10 Likes