Kentucky court clerk jailed until agreeing to do her job or quit it

They should seize as much of that money as they can citing all the tax dollars wasted on her stupid little rebellion.

True, that. Low-hanging fish in a barrel. I appreciate Mindysan33’s forbearance in not responding with a comment about NZers and sheep-shagging.

1 Like

It’s fortunate the judge did not impose a fine upon her.

All that would happen is, it would motivate Fox News and the Christian Corps to pass the collection plate for her: and she’d end up considerably the richer for it. Even though she’s still going to inevitably emerge from jail a storied martyr for Christ, at least she won’t have made bank on it.

I’m going to bet she’s in there for months. I mean, she’d better be, right? She did consult GOD on it. He did instruct her what to do, as to not issuing the licenses. If she leaves jail with the intent to disobey GOD, GOD will be angry, no? So, when she does eventually leave, you can be sure she’ll have consulted him, and :phew: GOD gave her a pass.

We, of course, will be immune from such judgments by future generations :wink:

1 Like

God couldn’t even wait for the ten commandments to be given to the people before he started trying to find a loophole.

9 “I have seen these people,” the Lord said to Moses, “and they are a stiff-necked people. 10 Now leave me alone so that my anger may burn against them and that I may destroy them. Then I will make you into a great nation.”

25 Moses saw that the people were running wild and that Aaron had let them get out of control and so become a laughingstock to their enemies. 26 So he stood at the entrance to the camp and said, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me.” And all the Levites rallied to him.
27 Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’” 28 The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. 29 Then Moses said, “You have been set apart to the Lord today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day.”

I agree that the judge did the best that he could. Does anyone know if it would be possible to redefine the position so that it didn’t include issuing marriage licenses then reduce the salary for the position accordingly? You could then setup a new non-elected position that singed off on marriage licences. That way she wouldn’t get to be a martyr.

The way I look at it, Allah also gave you the brain that feels it is in the wrong body. But that opens the door to “do pretty much whatever the fuck you want, because your brain tells you to” which is obviously not ok by them. So who knows?

2 Likes

Actually, I understood that the war was about “Heritage” and not “Hate”. /s

6 Likes

From the article:

Winkler said Judge Bunning may have been concerned that Davis could have raised funds to cover any financial penalties he assessed, “and thus the fines would not have their coercive effect”. -- Davis could remain in jail for years, Winkler said. He recalled a case where an individual jailed for contempt stayed locked up for 14 years. Eventually, he said, a judge will consider whether incarceration will “coerce compliance with the order.”

After a year, the person has “proven they’ll stay in jail forever”, Winkler said, “so judges will often allow someone out of jail, eventually, because they just don’t feel it’s … having the effect”.

Point of fact: She re-married husband 2 who had adopted the children from husband 3

Is that how you get the fur off?

It’s Missouri which is much like Kansas: an ackbassward state that refuses to acknowledge that Andy Griffith is dead (much like their political ideologies).

1 Like

I like the cut of your jib. But…Rand Paul is clearly in her favor. I wouldn’t characterize him as neocon. Crazy, but not neocon.

I think this issue merely, as always, divides the rational from the irrational. The irrationals in each group you mentioned have slowly been educated on what they were espousing, and shifted their thinking as they realize that people close to them are whom they are really talking about.

The other irrationals haven’t been educated, experientially challenged, or part of a rational group, so they continue with their hatred. Trickle by trickle, they are being made to introspect and eventually we’ll educate as many of them as we can until this is a non issue.

Similar to the heresy of earth centric astronomy. Now, nobody of consequence is making a political stink over that. In ten or twenty years, gay rights and same sex marriage will become a non-issue. Hatred won’t be gone, but the new social standard will be so common in people’s experience that the power of sway over policy will have been evaporated.

So they’ll bloviate over something else… What’ll be the rage in 2030? Probably some other religious freedom concept like the metric system.

It totally depends on the state’s laws for municipal elections and any charters, bylaws or ordinances kept by the town. Even if they did make a change, it would likely take effect at the next election cycle.

I think you’re in the wrong thread

1 Like

I didn’t even know that that was a thing. NZ looks awesome, at least from the Peter Jackson prepared travelogues I’ve seen… From Dead Alive, to Heavenly Creatures to LOTRs… It seems full of hobbits, dragons, wizards, the living dead, and murderous teenage girls. Who wouldn’t want to go there!!!

4 Likes

One thing NZ clearly lacks according to the Jackson films: safety rails. Each year the lack of hand-rails on elevated walkways kills more New Zealanders than Orcs, Dragons and Cave Trolls combined. Get those scenic walkways, bridges, endless staircases etc. up to some kind of ANSI/OSHA-level standards and we’ll talk.

6 Likes

So, traditionally, you fire people who don’t do their job.

She’s an elected official, so she can only be voted out, recalled,or removed from office. She just needs to do her job and apparently, it’s moot now, because her deputies will do it.

1 Like

Jesus would tell her to stop committing adultery (cf the woman at the well). But there’s no evidence the woman at the well subsequently became a state clerk and refused to marry non-Jews.

1 Like