Kentucky's Noah's Ark religious attraction to open next summer

Wow, that’s some crazy stuff. It’s shame, too, because all these kids are actually learning is to just perpetuate this kind of behavior. I’d say this is what happens when we commodify education to such an extent. I’ve heard similar stories from tonier in town private schools here in the ATL.

But yeah, it’s a weird back and forth between elite parents and the people running these schools and it gets so personal.

What really upsets me is that these are elite folks who are more parentier than thou, and look down on the rest of us, especially those with lesser means than us, who can afford to make these same choices.

But yeah. Yuck all around there. Hopefully, you guys have a less poisonous atmosphere for your spawn! I love my daughter’s school and she’s rather happy there. It’s not as swank as some of the other private schools around the ATL, but I think my kids doing excellent where she is.

[ETA] Can I also say that I’m not sure that the people who ran this school understand the spirit of Montessori, which is sort of invoked. I think someone without any experience with the method would walk into a Montessori class and see no structure, but there is a structure there. It’s just that it acknowledges that kids are often more comfortable moving about a classroom. It also understands that kids will rise to the occasion if you hold them to expectations.

1 Like