Kevin McCarthy toots his own horn after Tom Emmer's fail today (video)

Originally published at: Kevin McCarthy toots his own horn after Tom Emmer's fail today (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

“Sure, I was an embarassing failure compared to every Speaker of the House to come before me… but I was actually pretty good compared to the people who came after me!”

10 Likes

5 Likes

It takes a special kind of dimwit to take every opportunity he can to remind people he’s a dimwit.

12 Likes

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

17 Likes

I expect he’ll run again - and lose again.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if he ran and won again, being the most boring and useless idiot in the bunch, but one they can all agree is best to lead them.

2 Likes

Seems like a long shot to me. I don’t see any of the group that wanted him booted voting for him, and that would be enough to nix it without any D votes.

2 Likes

Weird Flex GIF by Jacob Graff

3 Likes

Clown Clown … and more Clowns.

I would pay to not have to watch this clown show. At this point, I would prefer all the rethugs locked up in the House chamber, doing a battle royale for their seat (they can cat fighting, spitting, screaming, yelling … at each other, whichever works for them.) If they can’t find the last survivor as their speaker, all of them should be fired, just like their idol’s favorite phrase. They have one job, do it or get the fuck out. And I don’t mean obstructing at everything the Dems do, or grifting are valid job.

Dremel tool - making small things smaller.

Look on the bright side; they can only attempt this another 219 more times.

2 Likes

To win again, a few of the MAGA 8 would have to swallow their pride and vote for him. They obviously don’t care about the GOP at large’s opinion of them at all, so I doubt anything other than sheer exhaustion would convince them to cave.

A note to Kevin: Being the ‘best’ option does not make you a ‘good’ option.

4 Likes

Ron Swanson Smile GIF

3 Likes

tv show phillip GIF by South Park

1 Like

He may be back in the biggest wtf moment ever.

CNN is reporting this.

A potential unity ticket: A Kevin McCarthy-Jim Jordan unity ticket, with the former House speaker back in his role and Jordan as McCarthy’s deputy, is actively being discussed between allies of each representative as a solution for the fractured GOP conference.

1 Like

I swear to god, these dipshits…

Come On Reaction GIF

11 Likes

Black is White. Up is Down. He’s in lockstep with Trump who has claimed that the gag order he’s now under is actually a big win for him. If either one was the captain of the Titanic and neck deep in the Atlantic as the ship was going down, you would have heard this triumphantly shouted out from the bridge. “See you all in New York!”

3 Likes

Or more accurately: " … the people who failed to come after me!"

2 Likes

Replace “Speaker of the House” with “Republican candidate” and it’s the story of the GOP.

1 Like